TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

I have not heard this and can’t imagine they would take this on. I’ll see what I can find out tho.

Admissions does do the degree audit and check for compliance in regards to meeting requirements before they send to each dept.

2 Likes

AO only process transfer with contracts such as Blinn, PSA, PTA and all contracts require is transfer audit to make sure contract is fulfilled . For most regular transfer, SOP (statement of purpose) plays an important role and has to be reviewed by departments.

If TAMU change the decision making process for transfers, the SOP will have to removed because SOP can be too technical for admission office staff to read.

4 Likes

I attended the Transfer Student session with my daughter on Aggieland Saturday. The admissions administrator stated during that session that the Admissions Office would be making the decisions for transfer students this summer/fall. She also mentioned that the AO would also potentially offer other majors if the transfer student was not admitted under choice 1 or choice 2. This is something nee they are trying.

My daughter submitted her application on Jan 11th, and received her degree audit on Feb 10th. We are hoping to hear something soon.

2 Likes

Just attended a transfer session and they also said transfer admissions is changing this cycle. They will be reviewed by the office of admissions rather than the specific department.

1 Like

Ugh. Thanks for confirming. I am shocked about this. Seems very impersonal.

1 Like

hi everyone, just a quick question. can someone explain the significance of receiving a transfer audit? does that mean i’ll be getting a decision soon? i applied on the 5th of jan and got the transfer audit on the 8th of february. applied for mays. when my parents called admissions, they said we would be getting a decision sometime in may

@user_483262 i can’t help you on the audit info, but I highly suggest YOU do all the calling, communicating, etc from now on. If you’re accepted to A&M, no one will accept calls or emails from parents-only from the student.
And it’s a given that you could call daily to AO, and might get a different answer everytime….depends on who you talk to.

2 Likes

Same. Audit complete, pending decision now.

Before now, receiving audit was one of the final steps before sending to the department for review. Now since we are hearing the AO makes all decisions, who knows where it now lines up in the process. But it is progress so that’s good!!!

1 Like

I was wondering about ‘Change Major’ and if changing major is too late to do right now for the fall semester

Hi Christi, may I ask what this sudden change means? Does it make it more difficult to get in?

Too early to tell if it’s harder or not but logically, I think it does make it harder. When the department gets to make the choice, they’re really looking at the individual and how they fit into the major, how they can help the program and the dept knows what they want and are only looking at those that want their major vs every transfer student. The AO is generalized like they are at freshman admission.

Clear as mud at the moment lol

2 Likes

Oh that sucks. Does it matter when we applied? Because I applied relatively late. Also, my Statement of purpose is literally about why my major is the right fit for me. I wrote it thinking someone in the Economics department was going to read it. Do you think this is a bad look for me?

I am so upset about this change. I am a freshman education student, and I worked very hard over the summer and fall to complete my transfer requirements. My GPA at blinn currently is a 3.4. In high school, I had an awful dual credit professor who gave me an F that was not deserved (he failed my whole class and was terminated in the middle of the year). I talked to my department about this, they told me it was not a big deal. He said 2 A’s make up for one F, and since that’s the only bad grade I have, the rest are A’s and B’s and one C in total for 44 hours, they know I am normally a good student. But now since AO is reviewing this, not the department who gave me reassurance, I have never been more anxious before. I will also be at 59 hours at the end of the semester, meaning I can’t just go another semester at Blinn and try again because you can’t transfer more than 60.

Now, at the top of the AIS page.

3 Likes

No not a bad look at all. That’s exactly how you write it.

My son applied for transfer on 2/6/23 and all transcripts were received by 2/8/23. His application still has the the yellow symbols by the transcripts and says my app is incomplete. He has called admissions twice and they tell him that they are 4 to 6 weeks behind in processing applications because the are very short staffed. Is anyone else having this problem?

I know my daughter’s account has looked the same way since 1/11. They did change it today to show they received one transcript officially but the other still shows yellow so it seems it is just a really long process.

1 Like

yes I am. applied 1/27 and most of my transcripts were yellow for at least three weeks. They did eventually go green last week, BUT I don’t have my transfer audit yet. I know this patience stuff is hard but it will pay off eventually. You are not alone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Check your portals. My daughter got her 7 tabs this morning.

3 Likes