TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

So here is my letter of deferral I got and the reason I got it was because I still had one required class in progress, my advisor told me that when you get a letter like this it means you need to send in your final transcript so they can go over your GPA again and make sure you have all required classes done

3 Likes

so because I sent in my spring grades and they already had my meningitis records on file everything on my AIS portal is green checks

1 Like

Damn, I already done 2 years at blinn so this is it for me :(. I haven’t even applied to any other schools yet due to A&M being my #1 option. I been deferred for spring grades as well. Did really good being this semester being my best semester of college. Just gotta have to wait and see unfortunately. The wait is exhausting

3 Likes

it really is… its driving me stir crazy

1 Like

I heard though it’s a good sign to be deferred for spring grades as long you did good and your gpa stay consistent or went up but who knows with the admissions at this point.

1 Like

ik honestly like i don’t want to get my hopes up about that because they can pull anything at this point

1 Like

Exactly I’m trying to sign my lease but I don’t want to risk it by signing it and I don’t end up getting in.

2 Likes

Right but I was inquiring more about if everyone who was deferred also had the “Send spring grades when accepted” line. From your letter, it may be not great news for my kiddo.

1 Like

Actually it reads - “Additional documents required if admitted”

1 Like

what did his letter say?

because that’s there for a default for any person admitted to the school but if his letter said to send spring grades then he needed to

Just logged into my howdy portal, and there is a new banner across the top that says all final transfer decisions will be released by July 1!

2 Likes

For some reason I can’t upload a photo, but does anyone else’s portal say this?

2 Likes

Yes, that banner is across the top. July 1st is so close for kids who will need to make a long distance move, but haven’t signed a lease until they know for sure they are accepted.

Just so sad, I thought A&M would do better than this. If kids like this do not hear until July 1st, but need to report by mid-August it will be a mad scramble to find whatever housing is still available and hope the rates are not sky high. Disappointing.

3 Likes

There was no letter. This is what his portal has said since the start. He met all requirements so guessing that’s why they didn’t ask for grades? Who the heck knows!

1 Like

so odd! I am sure he is fine then!

I totally agree this is ridiculous for students who need to know an answer soon for housing

What are the requirements for transfers as far as orientation or student conferences? Im worried they would fill up, I also have a trip end of july! Is that something really only freshman have to do/would there be online options?

Yep!

1 Like

My major just changed to bioenvironmental sciences and that wasn’t my second choice major. There’s also a note about opportunity majors. What does this mean?? I don’t have 7 tabs?

2 Likes