TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Did you agree to do the Opportunity Majors program? Looks like you’ll be admitted under it.

I would assume I did! I don’t remember doing it but I’m sure I did!

1 Like

That’s great! I’m a bioenvironmental sciences major! I did the PSA program and got admitted last week. You’re in — congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats! Hoe do we know if we opted into that? Is it automatic? Neither of my majors are listen under opportunity majors list so Idek if I’m eligible for that

3 Likes

@Kc20223 Opportunity Majors are pretty new. It’s sort of like a contract. If you agree to the major, it is next to impossible to change majors later on…so be certain you’re okay with what’s offered.
The university is trying to fill all majors, hence the limitation of majors offered (usually they are the least desired/unpopular majors, but not always).
Sounds like you’re being considered for an Opportunity major, but not a done deal until you’ve been offered it.
I suggest googling it, looking at the requirements on A&M website.

3 Likes

It would have been offered to you.

2 Likes

How do I know if I have been offered it?

I will definitely take it as I am apply to nursing school in august anyways. I just want in to the university at this point.

1 Like

What was your initial 1st choice major?

Community health

Are you a straight transfer, PSA or PTA?

1 Like

Straight transfer. Not deferred for spring grades

2 Likes

Do you have any insight to this?

1 Like

have any ag ec deferrals heard back yet? i’m a nervous wreck at this point ugh

1 Like

have any architecture transfers gotten back yet?

my major got changed to my second choice today… what does that mean admissions-wise? is that a positive thing?

update: my name has been in the student directory for awhile, but today it shows an email attached to it now. The email is exactly what my username for howdy is. AND i received the “navigate” button in my Howdy. is this a good sign?

3 Likes

Does the button say My Profile? You click on it, and it’s your username in a Tamu email? That happened to me before I got my admission.

I’m not sure when the Navigate button showed up for me, but I just checked, and I have one. I got admission last week.

Got my tabs today​:tada::tada::tada:

4 Likes