TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Yay! Last week, I got admission three hours after getting my tabs.

i got my 7 tabs! so i guess it was a good sign!

6 Likes

Yay! Any moment now!

No - my son applied as an architecture transfer (concentration construction science), has not heard anything.

2 Likes

I’d appreciate any insight.
I applied as a transfer and was deferred for spring grades. I fed up my first go at school but came back some years later and have a 4.0 for the last two semesters (3.17 including my fed up semesters).
Prior to deferral, AIS portal had almost immediately changed from my first choice to my second choice (I hadn’t met all the requirements yet). Once I got my deferral, I emailed my first choice advisors and they said there was a mistake and they never got to review my application. So my portal changed back to my first choice major to be reviewed when I submitted my spring grades.
Cut to now, my portal has said my first choice up until this morning when I got my 7 tabs (!!!) and now it reflects my second choice.

The requirements are virtually identical. The only difference was a science class that I finished Spring semester.

Is it worth reaching back out to my first choice major? Or should I just try and change my major after a semester or two? I have a semester or two worth of non super major specific courses.

HR first choice & Sociology as my second choice if that’s helpful.
I’m currently working at a small business and set to head up our HR department which is why I’m really bummed I didn’t get my first choice.

Sorry for the long post.

2 Likes

how long does it take to hear back from a&m in AIS after you get 7 tabs!!! I got my 7 a tabs today

1 Like

7 tabs here too and both majors 1 ag bus and 2 ag econ still show up. Wonder what that means. Have you gotten the acceptance yet or still just the tabs? Need this to be official!!

2 Likes

I got admission three hours after getting the extra tabs. Congratulations!

You will likely get your first choice.

My son also got his 7 tabs this morning, but still waiting for next steps!

4 Likes

Should be today. My son’s updated within a couple hours of Howdy showing the 7 tabs

2 Likes

Is rolling admissions kinda random or is it kinda grouped by major? I haven’t had any updates both my first and second choice majors are still up.

1 Like

Got my tabs today but waiting for it to be official. So excited

2 Likes

How long should it take for it to be official ?

1 Like

Most say a few hours. What is your major?

Kinesiology

1 Like

Comms

1 Like

I got the admission notice in AIS three hours after getting the extra tabs in Howdy.

1 Like

I am so confused by this. My kiddo applied for Accounting major in Mays and got this Opportunity Major thing also and was given History major?! Kind of looks like they want to fill the unpopular or open majors to get the tuition from a student? I am so confused about what steps should be taken? He got the 7 tabs etc but AIS still says pending. Guess we wait till then? I wish they just rejected him and didn’t offer history major - not even close to accounting and feels kind of offensive almost??

2 Likes

A couple of months ago, when they offered the Opportunity Majors program, students had a list of majors to choose from. It sounds like this is the first you all are hearing about the program, and the major was selected by TAMU.