TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

If they are that would make me so nervous!!!

1 Like

Yea same I heard getting deferred for spring grades is a good sign but who knows with the admission office at this point!

1 Like

It’s nerve racking fr

1 Like

Here’s the link to Opportunity Majors. I know it may not be ideal for the majority but there are a ton of majors to choose from. You can speak with advisor to see if you can change to a river OM but you can’t choose something outside if it til you complete 40 Tamu hours. All the details in this linen.

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/appendices/opportunity-majors/

2 Likes

Also… human resource development is in the OM so whoever was wanting that major, talk to someone asap (once official).

1 Like

Since I’m applying for construction science can an opportunity major such as architecture or even petroleum engineering be an option?

Thank you. I ended up emailing the advisor who helped me when my application skipped HRD the first time. I don’t have any expectations but I’d rather ask and it not be a mistake than to not ask and never know.

I am thrilled to get in and I chose my second choice as many with a Sociology degree go into HR but my circumstances have changed to where HRD will help a lot more.

3 Likes

oh yes he has other options. Ridiculous he was even considered for history. And had to wait many months to find this out. He wants to be an account not just an Aggie. A history major is not even a consensus ra room for him. Good luck to your son. My other son graduated from the cosi program and loved it!

Update: my application was not reviewed by HRD (again). She mentioned they are using a new program this year and are still having some kinks.

I’m worried about this year! Hopefully not too many people got accidentally forgotten about, and I’m sorry that happened I hope it all works out

3 Likes

Another question…are the people being offered opportunity majors spring defer people or regular application people?

2 Likes

@Mal_2002 Petroleum Engineering would never be an Opportunity Major…highly competitive, many don’t even get it for ETAM.

Arch is listed. Not consci

@tristatecoog I’m confused. So what Opportunity Major did your nephew take? He’ll be an incoming freshman this fall?

1 Like

my son was a regular transfer. Spring grades weren’t required as he met the qualifications.

1 Like

Yes he met all the requirements for Mays. And that’s not a great plan to want to be an Aggie over choosing a major that will get you the career you’ll be having for the rest of your life.

4 Likes

Agree…but you’d be surprised HOW many ppl would rather be an Aggie vs desired degree.

2 Likes

Not surprised!!

1 Like

It’s cultish…for sure :+1:t3: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

He chose history. However, his mom tells people that he’s “majoring in some sort of business.” Apparently plans to do a business minor. I thought he might go the pre-law route like his dad but mom said he “doesn’t like to read.” Lots of his friends are going to A&M so he’s happy. It’ll work out.

1 Like