TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Tomorrow is Thursday, when we’ve seen big batches of updates. Yours could come then.

I hope so.

1 Like

Any acceptances yet for this roomie who also got tabs this morning?

For those who*

1 Like

Seems like everyone who got tabs this morning are waiting for the admission to happen. Yesterday, it took 7 hours. Last week, mines took three hours to update. Hoping it happens soon.

I received tabs yesterday and then admission around 7 hours later. I applied for Agribusiness.

1 Like

Today’s admission is taking longer for those who received the tabs this morning. My wait was three hours last week, which seems kind of unusual, considering last year it was common to wait hours, sometimes into the next day for approval.

Question…I have tabs but still says under review, I noticed that I now have an unofficial transcript for tamu showing my credits and hours, but it says general studies, undeclared major. I also noticed one of my AP credits got assignment to the wrong tamu equivalency engl 103, and I need 104 to be eligible for my major. The credit should transfer to engl 104. Does this still mean I am admitted, but not in my desired major yet, or simply an error?

Interesting. Does your first choice major on AIS still show as first choice?

As for AP credit… square that away at new student conference with an advisor. They have to do the acceptance equivalency.

3 Likes

Yes both my first and second choice majors show! Very strange. Over the phone a few months ago I confirmed with someone that the AP credit would count! Not sure what the mixup was. does anyone else who was admitted as a transfer this year have an unofficial transcript and if so what does it say?

1 Like

Either way I think I’m in! I’ve never heard of general studies being offered to transfers tho. From what I’ve heard it’s like a step up from TEAM except fully at tamu. I think though if I call tomorrow they’ll fix it and I’ll be in my major.

1 Like

It can’t hurt to call.

1 Like

General studies may just mean they want you to pick another major. But you’re right. Strange.

I’m not saying AP credit won’t count I’m saying it won’t show up on your transfer audit. It has to be accepted once at Tamu. Whether they told you on the phone or not is irrelevant to the audit. It’ll get fixed once you go to NSC but definitely doesn’t hurt to ask that when you call about the major.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like rejection though! I feel like all the stuff showing up in my portal wouldn’t mean that.

@ChristiR93 Is getting your 7 tabs an almost guaranteed acceptance? I received my 7 tabs this morning but haven’t received my admittance. Just wondering. TIA!

3 Likes

That’s pretty much a guarantee! Here’s hoping for admission in the morning!!

2 Likes

100% guarantee unless you also applied to Tamu Galveston.

2 Likes

Nothing this morning. somebody from the Arts and Science told me yesterday I should have heard already. am very confused and frustrated.

Are you still waiting on the extra tabs?

yes, still waiting on tabs.

1 Like