TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

@ChristiR93 My daughter is trying to transfer in to Ag Science (1st) or Ag Business (2nd) from another in-state university. She was originally was denied because she didn’t have the min 24 hours but they kept her application open until 1 June and then she submitted her final transcript. She’s coming in with 24 hours and a 3.46 GPA (made the Dean’s list at her prior school in Ag Science)

She hasn’t heard any news (no tabs, etc.) yet so should she be concerned?

2 Likes

We also have an Ag Science major and crickets. Has anyone heard of any Ag Science majors being admitted yet? I was hopeful that today would be the day…

1 Like

I also have a few friends who have not received tabs yet. I’m also wondering if some people won’t hear till 11 or later today. I just tried to call Aggie admissions and an auto message told me Thursday’s are closed 8-11 for staff training.

2 Likes

I got my approval after 9 am last Thursday.

My major is in the College of Ag and Life Sciences. My degree is bioenvironmental sciences, and I got admitted last Thursday, three hours after I got the extra tabs in Howdy.

I have an Ag Econ transfer who found out this week but that’s all I can think of for any Ag related major.

As for the staff being out… tabs populate from something that occurs the day before. People wake up to tabs. I’ve never heard of those blessed tabs appearing after 7
Or 8 central time. Now AIS May populate after that but howdy is in the morning.

Hang in there. If you met the minimum plus on gpa, you should be good. Ag business is very popular. You’re still showing ag science first choice so doesn’t sound like movement has been made YET!!!

3 Likes

I emailed two different admissions emails about timing and got two different answers.

Aggieland Admissions Center (agac@tamu.edu) said we should hear by the end of this week (COSL major application).

Then this morning, Aggie One stop (admissions@tamu.edu) siad to expect all decisions by July 1st. Ugh. Might not be able to secure housing by then.

2 Likes

@ChristiR93 Woke up with 7 tabs yesterday for TCMG!! Still no update in AIS though.

2 Likes

Celebrate! You’re in! Just a matter of time before it shows up in AIS. Have you checked the student directory to see if you are in there and have the “my profile” button. If the button is there, click on it and see if it shows what will be your TAMU email address.

Two, I have an email address!!

3 Likes

It doesn’t say my test or hours yet, but my name phone number and a tamu email show up!

1 Like

My year or hours*

1 Like

That seems to be another good sign of admission! Yipee!

1 Like

That’s a great sign!

1 Like

I’ve been fully admitted and it doesn’t say my year or hours, so that’s fine.

1 Like

Can we move ahead with looking for housing and registering for parking if the 7 tabs show but no official acceptance on Howdy or AIS yet? I want to be sure there is no doubt

2 Likes

I’ve yet to see anyone get extra tabs be denied.

2 Likes

She checked and no tabs this AM unfortunately…

Thank you for your help and insight on this board!

1 Like

Yes you can move forward with housing if there’s no doubt that regardless of whatever major they get is fine (just in case admissions changes it). Waiting a day won’t hurt you.

As for parking. You may have to wait for that til official. If it lets you, then go ahead. No real rush on that part. There’s no first come first serve on that (for once). It’ll be based on year. You’ll pick your top 3 choices tho and find out in July.

3 Likes

Does parking depend on being official official? I just tried to register for parking just to see if it would let me, and it said I was currently ineligible.