TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Just got officially admitted!!! Gig em

4 Likes

My daughter was deferred for spring grades
Gpa 3.74 38 hours to transfer. Transferring from OU Texas resident. She has talked to admissions and they say she is in a good spot. She hadn’t heard anything and no 7tabs
@ChristiR93

2 Likes

Comm major

1 Like

Congratulations! Whoop!!

1 Like

That’s funny! I am also coming from OU.

1 Like

Still 0 tabs. Transfer. Construction science major. Welp let’s pray for next week :confused:

2 Likes

I was just rejected for the transfer after receiving an A in the last required course. My GPA went up to a 3.41. I contacted admissions and she said she has no notes on my file except for waiting for the business calc. Other than that she does not know why I was rejected. She said I should appeal since I should’ve gotten in. Fingers crossed!

What major are you? And did they not have your class on the audit or sum?

Major was kinesiology and both the Maths and Sciences were completed and on the audit. That’s why the lady at admissions was confused for the rejection as there’s no blatant reason or notes.

Some appeals have been successful! Good luck!

That’s weird you definitely should’ve have gotten in. I would definitely make an appeal asap!

Were you deferred for spring grades?

1 Like

Yeah I was deferred.

@HAD1 there’s always plenty of off campus housing.

Yea definitely do an an appeal then. I’m not an expert on the admission process but I heard if you get deferred and do great on this semester then you should get in no doubt.

1 Like

She should be totally fine. They’re just backlogged I feel with the new responsibility being in the AO. Hang in there.

2 Likes

Psychology BS major 3.64 GPA 33 hours. still waiting. am starting to worry.

1 Like

There is apparently another big batch of admissions that loaded overnight last night. My daughter’s tamu email address now shows in the directory as of this morning, so I am expecting that she will likely find extra tabs today and admission should show up soon. She has automatic admission, but I was still worrying because so many had already heard, even in her major. Stay positive!

1 Like

@Aggiemomof6 tabs normally appear by 7:00 a.m.

My daughter will check Howdy when she wakes up, but I think they will likely be there today. There was actually someone yesterday that had them appear mid day, which I think is more unusual, but now that it’s crunch time, maybe batches are processing at different times? I have no idea and the order in which they are processed doesn’t make sense to me, either. This is our second time through tamu admissions though for this kid, so we’re used to the waiting game. And I get to do it all over again with another kid starting in the fall. :rofl:

3 Likes