TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

No, I don’t have any tabs or email.

3 Likes

Still nothing for construction science major

3 Likes

What’s your major? Someone got tabs 30 minutes ago.

Psychology BS

1 Like

You should call the College of Arts and Sciences directly to see what’s going on. Don’t call the general admission number as they will just say July 1 is the deadline for decisions.

will do. thanks

1 Like

I called the architecture college this morning. They will not say a date other than by July 1st. He told me there are a limited number of spots for construction science, in response to my question of if admitted, can admission be pushed to spring. I have no idea why they are taking so long if they’ve only so many spots to fill. Maybe they had a ton of applications to go through?

2 Likes

@HAD1 Construction Science is VERY popular, and small. For sure LOTS of applicants, most likely all very well qualified (high gpa, work experience).
NSC is also going on right now, so all departments are stretched thin.

2 Likes

Several people on the PSA/PTA Facebook page with majors in the architecture school got their extra tabs about two hours ago — and just now got final approval! The admissions are coming in for that school!

1 Like

I received an email this morning saying that I was rejected on accident. They said I’ve been admitted into kinesiology and my AIS will update on Tuesday! If you get rejected call and appeal!!!

6 Likes

oh wow. Congrats!!!

Amazing! Congratulations!

Yea the arch department is not very good at admissions. I was spring grades deferred which I was amazed since I have a low gpa and didn’t expect it at all. I was expecting a straight up rejection. Now that they said I was competitive in the letter got me thinking they don’t have alot of applicants or at least something that isn’t usual as always.

1 Like

Mal_2002 - my guess is your application was compelling for some other reason than GPA? Everyone else says the program is popular with lots of applicants. I think they look at essay and required classes, along with number of credits you’ve taken - I imagine there is some ideal sweet spot and you fell into it. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Yea I would say the exact same thing I was an engineer major at first and I took some rough classes and I wasn’t proud of it. As soon I switched to construction science been doing good especially on my required classes. And I feel like I wrote a very good essay, I even explained little bit of how my gpa is bad and I planned to improve it which I did so I guess it show’s academic improvement.

1 Like

Has anyone received tabs for the college of architecture?

I don’t think anything is gonna happen till tomorrow. Tamu is closed for Juneteenth.

3 Likes

^^ forgot to tag, sorry.

2 Likes

Nothing yet.

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like