TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Definitely bittersweet I also didn’t know you were OOS.

1 Like

Thanks! I called this morning and they think it could be a mistake. Waiting to hear back from them. Very excited about my tabs.:smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s good news!

1 Like

Have you heard back? My daughter applied for Ag Science. That major is gone now and replaced for a Human Development Major but her second choice major of Ag Econ is still showing. She doesn’t have any letters loading yet but she has all her tabs and all kinds of options on Howdy now. Praying a letter comes soon and that she wasn’t placed into whatever random major.

Hey I just replied by email. But definitely call to make sure not a mistake on major. Otherwise it could be ag science was full and they put you in an opportunity major. You should get official acceptance today but I would call now.

@Chall1 Human Development is School of Ed -
Teaching certificate, Kinesiology, Sports Management, Ed Psych.

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/education-human-development/#majorstext

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Sure. Definitely not Ag, but if student wants to be an Ag teacher, it’s the right dept.
Ag Econ, Ag Bus, etc is very popular, competitive to get a spot. Have your student contact Admissions to double check. Sounds like she was offered an Opportunity Major…very tough to change majors once you accept.

1 Like

I think I just need to be patient. I am seeing Human Resources Development when I go under My Information. At this point, after this journey, I am thrilled she will be an Aggie. Praying she feels the same. The official letter still hasn’t loaded. Keep you all posted for all of those waiting. This has been a long wait.

2 Likes

Another day with 0 tabs or a decision :frowning:

1 Like

Hang in there. Today I’ve seen regular admission for construction science (2 admits and one denial).

Yea I’m the one that got denied :(. It’s official. Wish they could’ve told me way b4 instead of making me wait 4 months just to get denied

2 Likes

Wow, that’s horrible. Sorry this happened to you.

1 Like

Oh no. Am so sorry. I would reach out.

2 Likes

I would call admissions and appeal.

1 Like

It’s ok I’m gonna make an appeal! Does anyone know how to make an appeal?

Hey, do any guys need a place to live this upcoming year? My boyfriend got denied, but we had a place for him to sublease. So if anyone needs a place email me at ajanson9206@gmail.com.

@Mal_2002 I’m sure you can Google how to make an appeal. I know it must come from the student, and you have to have compelling evidence/reasons why you’re appealing.
Transfer spots are limited, you selected a highly popular/competitive major; perhaps they might offer an Opportunity Major? I wouldn’t expect more than that. But it doesn’t hurt to try.
Hopefully you applied to other schools?

1 Like

Yea probably. I didn’t apply to other schools because I was so set on A&M especially after being deferred for spring grades and still getting denied after it being my best semester yet. Just sad :frowning:

1 Like

@Mal_2002 you have probably located this already, but this page answers everything for Transfers, including how to Appeal.
https://testadmissions.as.tamu.edu/apply/transfer#:~:text=Who%20is%20eligible%20to%20submit,addressed%20in%20the%20original%20application.

1 Like