TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Please do appeal. As you know, my son was accepted, but he is declining - so there will be (in theory) a spot open.

I wrote to the dean and this what the dean responded to me with

3 Likes

@Mal_2002 that’s great you got such a fast reply.
I vaguely recall you have 50ish hours, correct? If so, that’ll be a problem, as they won’t accept you with more than 60 hours. No getting around that.
Poor grades in Math and Science + overall gpa is indeed what caused you to get denied.
Wonder if there’s a Construction Science program offered at RELLIS, thru another school? Have you thought about an alternative major? You’d want one that accepts more than 60 hours, isn’t terribly competitive and will accept a gpa below 3.0
That might be tough…at least at A&M. If you’re determined to stay in B/CS, might make an appt with RELLIS campus next week (tho I know nothing about transferring into programs/schools at RELLIS).

Yea I got As and Bs on my required courses just my gpa is bad because I was engineering major so I took engineering chemistry and it was extremely hard I ended up getting a D in it and I took English 1 got a C in it I even got a C in theater so I wasn’t mentally focused. So I switched majors to construction science and been crushing it getting all As and Bs on my classes last fall semester and spring. I had a 2.19 gpa freshman year and brought it up to a 2.7 this year. And for my credit hours I have 57 6 of them are in high school so she said that don’t count so I would have 51 and I take like 9-12 more hours which is a whole semester!

2 Likes

she will get in for her second major. Congrats!

2 Likes

If your HS credit is dual credit, then they absolutely count. If it’s AP then she’s right. I promised DC counts just like any other college credit. So please be mindful of that. Of course you’re applying in August so it’s not like you’ll rack up a lot of hours now.

She got opp major. 2nd choice was not offered. FYI.

2 Likes

Hi did your son already declined?

2 Likes

My son received all his tabs Saturday morning, but no email yet. His AIS hasn’t updated either. The waiting is hard!!

3 Likes

Any idea when the email or change to AIS will come??

1 Like

@RStew what do you mean by ‘email’? Are you asking about receiving an email from A&M, or if/when your student gets a tamu.edu email?
All communication appears in Howdy.
Is desired major still shown?

2 Likes

Yes Construction Science still shows in howdy. Just waiting for AIS to say admitted or something besides in review. He has all the tabs like zoom canvas etc now in howdy. He also has a tamu email address now. Just waiting to be able to sign up for NSC

1 Like

These are the coveted ‘tabs’ that appear, prior to acceptance. Is this what your student shows?

Yes!

1 Like

Showed up Saturday morning. I’m assuming someone from Architecture worked over the weekend and admissions sends an update to AIS

1 Like

Woo hoo! Congratulations! Everyone who got tabs over the weekend are waiting for the AIS update showing admission.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! Lots of hard work paying off and a dream come true for my son and our family!

2 Likes

Still no update in AIS….

1 Like

It will come — hopefully today. Everybody who received tabs over the weekend are waiting. Unlike when you get the tabs, which usually come early morning, the admission can come anytime during the day. Last week, some people got the admission after 4 pm.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

1 Like