TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Only 100 Mays transfers are accepted, and yes, they’ll start with those 4.0 students. Not having all A’s in Mays pre-reqs could keep you out.
Hopefully you’ll get an answer soon!

2 Likes

Right. The chances of 100 4.0’s seems pretty big considering the amount of people who apply to transfer, right?

@ChristiR93 might have an idea how many apply for Mays transfer every year.
Econ is a solid 2nd choice, if Mays doesn’t work out.
Hang in there!

1 Like

I was PTA!

2 Likes

Well, maybe that is what she meant (PTA and not PSA). In any event, congratulations to you! Gig ‘em! :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Hello Christi, I was wondering if you could give us some feedback based on what we have seen so far. How strict do you think admissions are this year?

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of deferrals. Some that I thought should have been accepted and some I was shocked because they don’t meet any criteria. So can’t really tell how this new process is working out for AO.

1 Like

I just got my deferral for spring grades today! I got pretty excited because I have ever really only heard good things from that. The only required course that I was missing was business Calculus. I finished that a few weeks back so they already received my updated transcript and it just needs to be processed! I am trying not to get my hopes up since it’s pretty unknown as to what’s happening this year!

3 Likes

That’s definitely a step in the right direction so congrats! What was your major and GPA ?

I know there is no right answer here but our daughter had everything-GPA and required classes. She still got a deferral today for spring grades. She has completed two 8 week spring courses since the transcript was sent . Do we take a chance and send those in hoping to finish this grueling wait or truly wait for all spring classes to be done ?

1 Like

Ag Economics with a 3.67 gpa from my Audit. although my gpa from Blinn is a 3.75 (my DC from highschool brought it down). Thanks!

1 Like

My opinion is it can’t hurt to forward official transcript if they’ll do that at the 8 week mark. If it’s unofficial, they will not look at it.

2 Likes

My son is about to finish up his Associate in Science (AS) degree in Computer Science (CS) with GPA 4.0 in a California community college. I wonder what are his chances of transferring to Texas A&M for CS or CE in the fall. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Has he followed the cs transfer course sheet for Tamu?

Hi everyone, any feedback on the average GPA is for those getting accepted into Tech Management as transfers for Fall?

1 Like

Any summer ‘23 transfers heard back yet? This process has been long!

1 Like

Thank you for your comment. It’s hard for us to tell because Texas colleges, including TAMU, use TCCNS codes to identify the required coursework for admissions. On the other hand, California colleges use a similar number system, IGETC, to identify courses that transfer applicants can/should complete to satisfy transfer requirements. In his transfer application, my son tries to align his CA courses with TAMU degree requirements to the best extent possible. However, it probably depends on whether California IGETC courses are judged by TAMU admission officer as equivalent to Texan TCCNS courses.

1 Like

https://howdy.tamu.edu/uPortal/p/tce-ui.ctf1/max/render.uP

Go plug it all in here to see what transfers. You cannot go by description. If you still have questions, email advisor and see if they can review any of the courses you aren’t sure of.

Does anyone know about how long it takes for Deferrals to hear back after submitting their spring grades? I already submitted my updated official transcript since I finished the course I was missing in the first 8 weeks of the semester and it says they received it!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the link. We truly appreciate it!