TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

The full spring semester has to be completed before they will review application again. Just went through this with another student who has 28 completed plus 6 more with the first 8 weeks. They said she has to wait til the semester is over and done.

Let me know if you need help working through it.

I got transfer deny request for spring grades but my stats were horrible due to me changing majors. On my transfer audit shows 2.58 GPA with 45 transferable credits. I think my essay really boosted me and my academic improvement since I did so bad my first year in college but really stepped up my 2nd year so far with all As and Bs. I also already completed my required course work last semester.

1 Like

So Sorry to hear!

@Mal_2002 what major did you apply for?

1 Like

Construction science

The thing is I was so stress that I thought wasn’t getting in but getting request for spring grades was definitely a surprise

But my major was engineering and I switched to construction science and I haven’t done bad in school since I switch and been making good grades

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re aware of the gpa requirement. Yours is at the absolute minimum, for a VERY competitive major.
Did you list a 2nd major? Do you have all A’s in the required courses?

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/81f4664a-1739-45ea-927e-e630bff1874f/2022-2023-Construction-Science-TCS_.pdf

1 Like

I have a A in one of them and a B in the other

2 Likes

And I know my stats were bad I was expecting a straight up deny but them asking for spring grades instead of denying me got to mean something

2 Likes

Thank you very much, ChristiR93. My son appears to have used the same web-based resource to determine that his IGETC courses meet (if not exceed) TAMU transfer requirements before submitting his application. However, as of April 12, TAMU has not even opened his application and transcripts. It is really strange. We plan to call TAMU this week.

2 Likes

@ChristiR93 what you think about my situation?

What you think? I’m just so confused on how I got spring grades! Do you think it’s because of my essay and academic improvement?

I’m surprised they deferred you for spring grades. Your GPA is very low but as you stated, you’re on an upswing with grades so that does factor in.

I have no idea what your chances are at this point. With transfer admissions primarily being handled in AO for the first time, this May not be indicative of an easy acceptance come May. Time will tell.

Good Luck!

Yea I was definitely surprised too I think my essay helped me alot too. And I did good on the required courses so far

2 Likes

Hi, can anyone help? My son is a transfer student and just received a notice to submit Spring Semester grades for a second review.

He has all undergrad courses completed and they were all accepted. He has a 3.6 GPA at the school where he took most of his classes. He took 3 classes at another school and did poorly, which brought his audited GPA down to 3.11.

Currently he has 3 A’s and a high B in his Spring classes and should finish with the same or all A’s.

What are his chances of being accepted? Should he just take the acceptance for another campus that he has already been given. Thank you.

I can’t answer what he should do, but if his spring grades are only going to help his gpa, then he definitely has a chance at being admitted. What major? How many hours total including any dual credit?

Thank you for the reply!

1. Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology Major
  2. At the end of this Spring semester he will have a total of 71 hours
  3. That includes 24 hours of dual credit

If he has all the required courses done(which he should since has 71 hours) and his gpa is 3.1 and going up, he’s going to be just fine. Cannot imagine him not being accepted with the info you’ve given me. If you want to take this offline and send me his degree audit you can email me at cbrhome4@gmail.com.