TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Thank you Christi! I believe she has just about 45 hours left to finish. I think she was shocked some of the Red Raider Ready classes transferred. Really praying hard that this is God’s timing for her! I will keep you all posted. :pray:t3::+1:t3:

They may transfer but not count towards degree under anything other than an elective.

And yes, Gods timing is the only timing!

4 Likes

Hi Christi, for TCMG, which is now part of School of Engineering, what do you see as the normal range of accepted GPA’s? Would a 3.4 even have a chance, or does it really need to be 3.7ish or higher?

The minimum gpa is so low so I think at 3.4 will be fine as long as you have the 2 maths and 2 sciences complete when you apply.

3 Likes

Hi Christi! I realize there is still a month for decisions to roll in, but I was wondering if you had any insight as to what it might mean if we have heard nothing back? Is that typically a good or bad sign at this point?

1 Like

This year is sooo different with AO being in charge of most majors now. I honestly can’t answer. Hang in there. I do feel like you should have heard something by now.

Have you called AO to check on status???

No, I’m not sure what I should say? I hate to pester them but I applied like the 3rd day of January.

Life lesson that will stick with you forever… you must advocate for yourself! Plain and simple. Make the call. Ask the questions. Be respectful. Represent yourself. You are not wrong in doing this. Whether it be for college, health, work, love or anything else. You have to advocate for yourself. No one else will (aside from your mom lol).

5 Likes

Thank you! I called and all they would say is that it looks like it’s still under review. Hopefully no news is good news! Lol

That is always my motto! Keep the faith.

2 Likes

Christi,
Thank you so much for these words of wisdom. I sent them to my son today and urged him to call again. He spoke with someone in admissions who took the time to reassure him.

He applied on 2/5 and received his audit on 4/7. He applied to Construction Science, has a GPA of 3.79 and 34 transferable credits. There’s not too much more he can register for at Blinn.

Admissions told him that he should be hearing back in the next 3 weeks. They said it generally takes 3-5 weeks after receiving audit for a decision. They told him that Construction Science is taking a little longer and based on his stats, he should receive acceptance or acceptance pending spring grades.

He has called twice since applying and this is the first time he’s gotten any info other than, you are still in review!

Happy Weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. My kid applied Jan 12 and has had his audit since Feb 6 but no word yet. Based on Reddit posts, there seem to be a lot of applicants still waiting.

4 Likes

Same for my daughter! She applied Jan 11, audit Feb 10.

She received an General department email from the College of Arts and Science today, which seems odd considering she has not heard anything from admissions. Wondering if this is a good sign? Perhaps, @ChristiR93, you might know?

We are STILL hoping no news is good news!

3 Likes

Sadly I don’t know with AO being in charge, it’s all been different. If your major changes to 2nd choice tho, you’ll know you’ve been denied for 1sr choice major. That’s the only indicator.
Hope you all hear soon!

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of e-mail? I haven’t heard from the college at all.

Well, I did reach out to an advisor within the English department with a question, and she forwarded my question to the Program Coordinator for Educational Outreach and Promotion. He emailed me back with an answer and also added this, “Your application will go through the proper channels and it will be processed and you will get a decision on May 1st, 2023 (hopefully).”

I’m wondering if he meant June 1st? As of now, my app is still under review status.

1 Like

It was the April 2023 Monthly Newsletter for the College of Art and Science. Really odd, in my opinion, because she hasn’t heard anything from the Admissions Office or the College. Surely they don’t just send emails to prospective students/applicants? But, who knows!!??

When my daughter called AO, they just said her application was in review and that they were behind.

I really hope you all hear something soon!

2 Likes

Thank you. Yes, that does seem random. I did not receive that email, so maybe she has been accepted and AIS just hasn’t updated?

Regardless, my fingers are crossed for everyone still waiting to hear something! :smile:

2 Likes

Ok, my application still shows as ‘in review’, but this morning my Howdy portal changed from 3 tabs to 7.

I’ve read some stuff that says this is a good sign. Anyone else get the 7 tabs and then admittance?

5 Likes

Yes, my son has 7 tabs today!! I think this is a good thing. Best wishes!

4 Likes

My son and my niece both got 7 tabs today and it said still in review. Twenty minutes later, it updated to full admission!! Keep checking back.

6 Likes