TAMU what are my chances?

I’m a senior this year with a 3.46 GPA, on my PSAT I got roughly a 1000 but still haven’t taken my SAT (I am signed up for one coming up), and I took 1 AP class last year, 2 dual credit/college classes and am taking 2 more this year and 1 a pre AP class. My grade has about 1500-1600 kids so my rank is around the middle which doesn’t really help out. Do I have a chance to get into TAMU international relations program? or even start out at Blinn team? Thank you in advance!

Your GPA is a bit lower than their average, as well as your PSAT score. Do pre-AP classes count as honors classes? (lol sorry idk my school doesn’t have pre-AP classes, only cp-honors-AP). Also, I checked TAMU’s website, and they don’t offer an “International Relations” bachelor’s degree, only a certificate. Did you mean International Studies?

it’s under George bushes school of business for international affairs :slight_smile:

I’d say you will get Blinned.

@Lamecelery So, you are looking at an undergrad degree in International Studies at, correct? The Bush School of Government and Public Service is a graduate school for a Master’s Degree, except for their accelerated Bachelors/Masters (3+2) program through the departments of Political Science, Economics, Agriculture Economics, and Sociology, as well as the International Studies. You would attend A&M still would have to apply to Bush your Jr year after meeting requirements and prerequisites.
What language have you taken and are you taking that language in an AP course? You will need to take the language placement test if you do not have college credit through AP/IB/Dual Credit.
Here is what you must have for the dual enrollment into the program
http://bush.tamu.edu/degree/joint/mia-ints/

i took American Sign Language for 3 years, there isn’t an accelerated course in it though. Am i required to have that for the program?

@Lamecelery I am not understanding what you are asking. Your post does not make sense. What are you talking about that there is no accelerated program for? American sigh language or the major? You are not getting into the Bush school at all unless you are pursuing a masters degree. It sounds like you need to do a little more research into what you are wanting to major in and if you meet the criteria.

Here is the link for International Relations different degree tracks. http://ints.tamu.edu/degree-tracks/. Here is the link for the undergraduate degree in International Studies Politics and Diplomacy track. You must complete 20 hours of college credit in a foreign language. http://ints.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2016/05/Int.-Politics-Diplomacy-135.pdf Because you lack any foreign laguage in HS, it is highly unlikely you will be accepted for this major. What is your most recent SAT score? Your stats being what they are, I do not think you will be offered admissions to College Station and Blinn Team may be an offer. If you are not offered Team, you can always attend Blinn as a Jr. college and then apply to transfer into A&M, if it is somewhere you really want to attend. There are many other great schools in TX that are not as competitive for admissions you should apply to as well.