TAMUCC or UTA

Hello I am a community college undergraduate who was trying to transfer for Fall 2019 at Texas A&M. I followed the course transfer sheet for petroleum engineering & put geology as my second choice on apply texas, yet still got denied to College Station.
I applied too both TAMU Corpus Christi & UT Arlington and got accepted.

First, know that it is so difficult to transfer into tamu engjneering so not a reflection on you and your ability. I am not sure which school is better for engineering out of those two. Have you looked into UTD?

UT Arlington has an excellent reputation for engineering (at least in DFW), and likely further afield. Its location in an area that is heavy in high tech industry is a major benefit.

I’m afraid I don’t know much about TAMUCC. Neither school offers Petroleum Engineering, but TAMUCC does offer Geology.

Would you major in Geology at TAMUCC? What would you choose as your major at UTA?

What major were you accepted into at UT Arlington?
UT Arlington has a very respected engineering school and they have a tight working relationship with Lockheed Martin in both their Grand Prairie and Ft. worth locations.