TAMUG Fall 2020 Roommate Finder

Just thought I’d throw this out there…anyone headed to TAMUG Fall 2020 want to start a roommate finder thread? (There’s an instagram page for main campus, but I didn’t find one for Galveston)

We are from the Houston area. He’s raced go-karts for many years (GCKI & SpeedSportz). Heavy F1 follower. Hyper car enthusiast. Listens to a lot of Avicii. Not into sports. Received full admission to TAMU via both TAMUG & Cstat (Engineering @ Galveston). He will spend at least his first year on the General Engineering path. He is NOT a early morning person. He’s very chill - not hyper or loud. Sarcastic sense of humor!

@kartmom17 I don’t know about a roommate for your son, but my son (on to CS now) met a just incredible number of car enthusiasts amongst his fellow TAMUG students. I think they just found each other working out in the parking lot on their respective vehicles and gradually starting working together on respective vehicles. You know there are a lot of car events in that Houston area. I hope that your son will also find his people (the car people) at TAMUG and also have a chance to go to car shows and events and work on cars with them. As I recall, TAMUG Housing did have its own roommate searching/matching service online. If you contact their ResLife (Residential Life) people, they could tell you more.

I saw recently that someone was starting a Aggie Parents of TAMU Galveston Facebook group. If you like Facebook groups… I know they are not for everyone.

@kartmom17
My DS is going to TAMUG as well this coming fall. He is engineering major and very much into planes and their design and is looking for a roommate. He is attending TAMU as an international student (we are from Canada).