Taylor Swift Phenomenon

I have read that Taylor Swift is making approximately 13 Million a show for the Eras tour. Over a hundred shows with more in Europe just added, she will be making over a billion dollars. She does work her butt off and sings for 3 hours straight each show, rain or shine, mega heat or cold.
She truly does everything for the fan experience.
And her shows are marketing genious with her two “secret songs” each show, that she does not repeat, has kept people talking and sharing and running spread sheets to guess what the two secret songs will be for each particular show.
My kids just went to one of the shows in Cincinnati and said it was phenomenal.
By the time she is done they are saying this may be the highest grossing tour ever, by a lot. That’s quite a phenomenon!!!

11 Likes

She is the greatest entertainer of all time. The voice, the music, the look, the show…. And she is at her prime. Not even she will ever match this tour again.

3 Likes

It’s more than a concert, it’s a very large production!!!

4 Likes

My daughter and I went to see her in Philly on Mother’s Day. It was a great show - one of the best I’ve ever been to. The secret song (one of them) was “The Best Day” and it really was. Amazing to see such a range of ages and genders really enjoying themselves.

4 Likes

D1 and her fiance are going to see her next month in LA. This will be the second time they have seen her. D1’s fiance had to work hard online getting the tickets with all of the issues and in the end they are in floor seats very close to the stage. D1 is a huge Tswift fan and is very excited to see the concert up close. Her fiance is a great guy making this happen for her.

1 Like

I know many young adults who are accomplished professionals with serious educations who LOVE her.

My take: she’s a great story teller and performer, and is unapologetically who she is.

I also think a lot of people sided with her post-Kanye and appreciated her taking the high road when dealing with a crazy ego-maniac. Her popularity has only grown since then.

5 Likes

Read her Wikipedia or similar. She started writing songs and performing at a very young age. She’s a prodigy. Her albums outsell each other. Each one bigger then the rest. I totally give her credit. Think she approaching like the most Grammys ever, more then Dolly Parton and she’s only like 33… Good for her. She’s not cheating her fans with 3 hour plus shows.

7 Likes

Both D22 and D29 (though not D26) spent most of today listening to Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) on repeat. D22 saw the Eras Tour in Houston, was blown away.

2 Likes

So many moms I know where never Taylor Swift fans until they went to the concert with their daughters. Now they LOVE her. That show has to be fabulous.

3 Likes

I used to have a close connection with a parent of one of the band’s members. From what the parent has said, she is everything you see and more - smart and talented, but also very kind and generous. She is very good to her crew. The parent thinks the world of her, and the parent is a class act. I wish nothing for Taylor but the best.

9 Likes

It’s funny. I traveled 5 hours and played her music from Amazon music. It’s OK. I don’t love it but I can see how many do. But my sister 68, is sooo happy Taylor’s boyfriend is treating her well… It’s so funny to me.

1 Like

As a cultural phenomenon, there isn’t much to compare to this tour. The closest thing in my generation was the U2 Zoo TV tour. Woodstock was only three days. This is every weekend. The Beatles or Elvis? I don’t think they had a single tour that hit this level.

1 Like

D and a friend of hers saw the show and loved it. She really is a top notch entertainer and I like the fact that she really makes her shows worth seeing. The tickets were pricey, but they had great seats and no regrets.

1 Like

She has long had a reputation of being loyal and appreciative of her fans. My Instagram feed has somehow become full of clips from her tour :smirk:, and one thing that is never the least bit observable is that she has phoned in a performance. It’s like she’s doing it the first time every time.

Her song Lover was entirely created by her alone one night at home. The album version was ruined by some dude that just had to put his handprint on it. But she performed the song as originally conceived on SNL (avail on YouTube). Amazing.

I’ve heard mixed rumors on who is at fault for her perpetual dating issues. Can’t have it all, I guess, but it drives a lot of good music. Keep swinging for the fence, Taylor. LOL

I hope Netflix will make another tour documentary like they have done in the past.

2 Likes

Prior to this the highest recorded tour was
The Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour – Elton John ($853 million)

This tour is supposed to shatter that record.

3 Likes

I saw her in Cincinnati Sat.night. She came on the stage an hour early because thunderstorms were coming and it was an outdoor venue. Very thoughtful! I only knew about a quarter of her songs, but the technological aspects were fascinating.We all wore these LED bracelets that lit up in different colors, causing patterns of color and motion arou t

3 Likes

At one point, she fell through an opening at the end of the stage and it looked like she was swimming across it, popping up a few minutes later wearing a new outfit.

My son went to her concert at MetLife stadium and had the greatest time. He’s been a fan for years and I was so happy to be lucky enough to get him tickets via the lottery for his birthday.
We always joke about how she makes us feel like underachievers - we baked bread and did jigsaw puzzles during Covid and she wrote, recorded and released two fantastic albums.

1 Like

I think she’s a very talented songwriter, works really hard and I understand she’s a really nice person and tries to be a role model of kindness for her fans (which is very different than a lot of other musicians in her generation). But I don’t really listen to her music.

1 Like

My D, early 30’s, was involved in the business end of music in college and went to see Taylor several times while living in Nashville. She has always admired her musical business savvy, saying that she has always known how to move her career in the direction she wants. D said that this is extremely difficult, especially for young females. Her opinion is that Taylor is an excellent songwriter, singer, showman, and businessman. D and a couple friends went to see her when she was in town recently, and D said that she just keeps getting better.

6 Likes