TCNJ Nursing

Hi!
I’m a senior and I’ve already applied to TCNJ for nursing (regular decision) and I’ve been getting anxious because I keep hearing about how competitive it is.

I go to a pretty competitive district that’s well known and we’re told that colleges usually take that into consideration.

My unweighted is a 3.7 as of Junior year and a 4.10 weighted.

I didn’t as well on the ACT as I could have and I got a 28 but I have a 2120 for that SAT’s (1400/1600).

As for extracurriculars, I’ve focused mainly on volunteering and I was involved with the Red Cross club at my school and have a decent amount of hours to show for it.

Some other places include the Robert Wood Johnson Hospital, a2z (mentoring program for underprivileged kids), Quixote Quest (club outside of school that focuses heavily on volunteering), and one year I met with a senior citizen to create a “legacy book” which is basically an autobiography of sorts.
Overall, I’ve volunteered more than 100 hours.

As for my recommendations, I have one from my AP Biology teacher and another one from my AP Lang.

I’ve taken Ap Biology and AP Lang in the past and am taking AP stat this year. My senior year classes include Human anatomy and physiology, Calculas Honors, Physics and others so my schedule definitely isn’t slacking.

I know I have a chance but I’m not sure how I compare to other candidates so if anyone has any idea, it would be greatly appreciated!

I think all you need to do is get accepted to the school in general. I applied in 2013 and got accepted. I had a 3.5 gpa and got a 1780 on my SATs and top 3% of my class. I even got a $20,000 scholarship. Although i ended up going to another school.

A couple years ago, a TCNJ admissions rep said it was their most difficult major for admission. Good luck,

TrapMan, just wondering, what major did you apply to at TCNJ?