TCU 2021 Decision Thread

@Hmmc36 TCU sends out over 7,000 acceptance letters and only 25% actually enroll. TCU is wildly popular, but few will attend unless the merit scholarships reduce the Cost of Attendance significantly. It’s an amazing university and I think all that attend are truly blessed. Remember, they have an Early Acceptance rate of 70.4%. Keep the faith.

I received the written letter and the christmas letter. However, I do live in CA so I don’t expect a package/letter until Wedensday

I heard the new Dean was not going to accept as many early actions or early decisions this year to give the kids who haven’t received their financial aid yet a chance to decide. A few other colleges are starting to do the same thing. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

@Nurse2017 Congrats! Just curious…did you apply to nursing program? Because of your user ID.

Curiouscali10:
The interim dean said that the acceptance rate would be less than 20% for ED applicants only. I think it’s for those that had to apply EA for financial reasons

@curiouscali100 Oh lol I didn’t get in… (idk yet). I was just mentioning I received a written postcard along with the christmas one

Admit received in West Houston Saturday.

Anyone know when scholarship info is sent?

@Nurse2017 do you know if it is more difficult to get into the nursing program than it is to get into other majors and the school in general? I’m applying to nursing as well and getting nervous

@nursingCD Not sure… doesn’t say anywhere on their website. Generally nursing programs are more competitive because there are less spots for them.

The nursing school is the hardest school to get into within TCU

@dancer2232 What were your stats?

I got a 1380 SAT and 3.8 ish GPA. I go to a pretty competitive high school and not many people apply to TCU from my school-which I think helped haha

My student portal no longer say Application is complete and ready for review, there is just nothing there. Does anyone else have that?

@finance21 I have no idea what that means for you lol.

will portals update at midnight you guys think?

How do y’all know that the portals will even be updated on monday?

@Zemaitis32 their twitter page says so

Midnight would be really nice, staying up for finals anyway

Just looked at TCU twitter, they said their going to update the portal throughout the day at different times