TCU 2022 Decision Thread

Just curious but is the congratulations letter from the office of admission that they mailed personalized or generic?

“Congratulations! On behalf of the administration, faculty and staff of Texas Christian University, I invite you to become a member of the Class of 2022. We believe your successes in high school have prepared you to contribute to the impressive tradition of TCU.

Each year, a small number of essays rise above the others in their impact on readers. Yours clearly falls into this group. The thoughtful…”

@sjt0503 Not everyone received that letter! Now I want to know what the rest says! Please finish the letter! Sounds very exciting! :slight_smile: And congratulations!

@MusTeachMom Thank you so much for the sweet comments; :slight_smile: they definitely made my day!

The letter reads:

Dear ______:

Congratulations! On behalf of the administration, faculty and staff of Texas Christian University, I invite you to become a member of the Class of 2022. We believe your successss in high school have prepared you to contribute to the impressive tradition of TCU.

You are approaching the most exciting four years of your life- a time for learning, meeting new people, and developing a sense of independence and awareness. TCU will prepare you for a fulfilling life and career with the leadership and communication skills necessary to contribute to the global community.

Each year, a small number of essays rise above the others in their impact on readers. Yours clearly falls into this group. The thoughtful and articulate presentation of your ideas helped us gain a better understating of you and how you might thrive in the TCU community. I encourage you to continue to develop your strength in writing. It will be an important component of your studies here at TCU and throughout your life.

TCU has long been known for combining a strong academic focus with opportunities to learn beyond the classroom. These experiences at TCU will provide the foundation for a lifetime of personal and professional achievement.

May 1st (National Candidate Reply Date) is the deadline for notifying us of your decisions regarding acceptance of admission, scholarships, and financial aid.

I look forward to seeing you on campus next fall!

Sincerely,

Heath Einstein
Dean of Admissions

HE/tkl

Is it possible to appeal a rejection?

@seniorinmo - I wouldn’t think so, unless there was a mistake on your application or if you have something additional to add (like a new ACT/SAT test score). But even then, I would highly doubt they would change an admission decision because their overall incoming class pool has now been set.

@momoftres I have some new information to add, is it worth a shot of at least trying?

Is anyone else still waiting for their financial aid package? Son received Dean’s Schosarshipship, but not any FA yet. Called the FA Office on Monday and person on the phone said they would forward request to FA Rep. They said it looks like all documents were in. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Just wanted to wish “good luck” all committed to TCU. My DS just withdrew to open a slot for someone on the wait-list. The level of financial aid was not received in comparison to other schools even after we made a few appeals. Best wishes to all.