TCU 2022 Decision Thread

Anyone else get the “ED withdrawal” email from the Dean?

My portal doesn’t say “in review” it just says my items are ready for review. Does that mean they haven’t gotten to me yet? I applied EA.

@SgtFriar2015 Son got the ED Withdrawl email. Hopefully that’s a good sign.

@SgtFriar2015 My daughter got the ED Withdrawal email as well. My son didn’t get it when he applied two years ago. I wonder if it’s a new policy?

@SgtFriar2015 my son got the ED withdrawal email too. Wasn’t entirely sure what to make of it?!? If anyone calls Admissions to ask, do tell!!

I also saw the ED withdrawal email and my assumption was that they are trying to get a true count of numbers so they can offer more spaces. No? I have never seen or heard of an email like this before.

@Empireapple I would agree with your logic, just curious if every EA applicant received it or if only certain applicants received…

Meant2B I assume everyone go that email. But what do I know? First time through for our family. We also received an email that TCU has an additional FASFA form to fill out? Did others get that? Why do they have an additional form and can you wait for your acceptance to fill it out. In our case we used a financial person to do the FASFA and he is charging $85 to fill out the additional form for TCU. So we are going to fill it out ourselves but figured if there was no acceptance we wouldn’t fill it out. It is also a “strong interest school” but not first on the list for us.

I applied EA and still received the ‘ED Withdrawl’ email. My student portal still says that everything has been submitted for review, but it is not ‘in review’ yet. Anyone else have this?

Hmmm…my “revised” guess is all those with completed/in-review EA applications received the “ED withdrawal” email. Probably a good sign that we’re all getting close to decision-day and understandably, they want to rule-out those that have other commitments. Stay-tuned!

@Empireapple was the financial aid form request for the CSS profile? Both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile forms are required if applying for financial aid at TCU. I believe the website said if financial aid forms were completed around the EA deadline then your financial aid packages could be expected closer to Mid-January, ratter than the normal March timeframe.
If the request wasn’t for the CSS profile form, can you share what forms were requested?

Has anyone heard anything about EA and when they think decisions will be released? Also does anyone know if it’ll come via email or mail???

Hi @CLNV18, see the very first post in this thread…our best guess based on history. Not 100% sure.

What does the ED withdrawal email say?

@Living61 it basically asks you to please advise TCU if you were offered ED admission to another institution, if so please let TCU know by Dec. 8th (don’t have the email in front of me, but roughly that date) so they can remove you from the list of applicants for admissions consideration.

I think TCU is a bit ahead of themselves. Most offers aren’t coming out until the middle or end of December. But, yes, everyone who was offered ED admission elsewhere needs to pull all of their other college applications asap.

What they are doing with that letter is trying to manage their “yield” which is the percentage of students that they grant admission to that actually end up attending. Schools with higher yields receive higher rankings by institutions like US News and as a result it causes students and parents to view the school with higher regard. So no point in giving an offer to someone that is already going somewhere else. I think a lot of students have not heard back yet from their ED school, and many that have will unfortunately not bother to respond to TCU’s e-mail. But in the rankings game every percentage point counts so even if TCU is only able to catch a handful it is worth it to the school to send out the e-mail.

@kx1269bx I think you have a good shot at getting in or worse case scenario they move your decision to the regular decision pool so they can look at your 1st semester senior grades.

Could anyone let me know my chances??

ACT: 31
SAT: 1310
GPA: 4.0 Unweighted
Top 27%… (i know ): )
Extra Curriculars: Varsity Cheerleading & Head of Cheer Strength and Conditioning, NHS & NHS Special Olympics Committee, Student Council & Student Council Public Relations Committee, Spanish Club Chairman as well as Vice President of an Organization called Caring Closets for kids in need at my school.
I also have had a constant part time job since before my soph. year, and was a Shift Leader and Head of Training there

I applied EA on September 18th with a Biology, B.S. intended degree!

@ChayDaw26 You should get in. Just curious though, 4.0 unweighted and only top 27% in class rankings? Did you not take any AP’s or are the grades super inflated at your school?