TCU 2022 Decision Thread

I went back and checked the date my older child got their acceptance a few years ago. The package arrived on a Monday that would correlate with this Monday. They applied EA. Should be just a few more days for people to wait.

grade inflation for sure. i’ve taken a ton of APs, honors, Dual Credit. the grades are stupid here, moved in my soph year and was top 5% before moving to this district…

Did anyone else receive a letter (not email) from TCU’s Scholarships & Student Financial Aid? D hasn’t opened it yet so don’t know if it contains any decision announcement. Otherwise we haven’t heard anything from TCU yet.

We have not…would you be so kind as to post what the letter is about once your D has opened it…we are anxiously awaiting any correspondence from TCU in regards to FA/Scholarships.

@ChayDaw26 That’s crazy! My son has 3.95UW at his HS and he is top 2%.

Hi @2022Mama the letter was just general information and nothing specific for my D.

Okay so listen to some of this logic. TCU has decided for the first time in two years to email early decision applicants regarding their admissions, so because they emailed ED they’ll most likely email EA also. Now, email is a lot more efficient and faster than regular mail. So maybe TCU will be notifying EA applicants tomorrow (December 8) because its a week after ED. I also received the email regarding ED from other colleges and notifying TCU by friday (december 8) and if they wanted to know by December 8 maybe its because they’re notifying EA on December 8. I know its kind of confusing and I’m not someone who’s big on conspiracy theories but I am extremely anxious/excited to find out my admissions decision.

Also, (not really any correlation with TCU decisions) Stanford has moved their notification date from the 15th to the 8th (good luck to any stanford applicants that might be on here), so maybe TCU will do the same.

I’m not on Twitter but typically TCU admissions posts something when decisions are being mailed or sent (if email)…so if those on Twitter see any news clarifying EA notification date, please share here!!

As a famous musician once said…“The waiting is the hardest part”… RIP Tom Petty. Now, let those EA decision out puleeze!

As much as I’d like to believe 12/8 is the date, our portal pages state EA decisions will be mailed about two weeks ahead of the promised latest date of before 1/1, so I’m thinking more likely the process we saw last year will hold true…letters mailed end of next week (14th or so), with portal notices/emails around the 18th. It would be nice if I am wrong though!

ED’s were emailed last Friday at 5:03 pm…maybe the same will happen for EAs today!!!

If Admissions wants to hear about other ED offers by December 8th, then my guess is TCU will remove any of those applicants from the “accepted” list IF they are on TCU’s accept list. TCU will need at least a week to go through the emails, cross reference and remove potential admits from their list.

They are finally getting in the game of rankings. TCU always has been extremely by the book about their admissions process and decisions. They only recently started ED, which will allow them to get in commits, thus having a better “yield” and their ranking will go up. I’m glad to see them managing their admissions process similar to other like schools.

We went to a TCU Monday session in October, and I sat in on a parent-only Q&A session with the dean of admissions. FWIW, he told us that acceptance emails would be sent on December 15 after the school day was over. He said that they would also be sending packets/letters out, but that in the past, the mail wasn’t always delivered to everyone on the same day, so it caused unnecessary stress for students who didn’t get their acceptance notification the same day others did. He said that they’d be sending the emails after school to make it easier on kids who didn’t get in – so that they didn’t find out during the day while they were at school or spend their whole day waiting for an email.

DS is also waiting for EA. Hoping it comes this week. He got the ED withdrawal email too and clicked the “click here” link (because he wasn’t really sure what it was all about). He did not complete the form or submit it (he did not apply ED anywhere and does NOT want to withdraw his application from TCU) but he was a little nervous that he shouldn’t have even clicked the link!! It was very confusing.
Good luck to everyone who applied.

Any news on EA decisions?

Still haven’t heard anything… my student portal still says my application is ‘ready for review’. a bit worrying…

Has anyone who was admitted early decision received a packet or congratulations letter from TCU? My daughter was admitted ED on Dec 1st on the portal but has’t received anything in the mail.

@tcu22mom I was admitted as a Transfer student. But I received my packet on Saturday. I also only stay 45 minutes away from campus…

My daughter was admitted as an ED and received a welcome packet on Saturday. Its in an oversized purple/white envelope.

Would y’all mind chancing me??

Applied EA from VA

• Class rank - 8/168
  • GPA - 3.96
  • All A’s throughout HS (only recieved 2 B’s freshman year)
  • Very involved in school activities - FCCLA (VP), Beta, Yearbook, Student Govt., Hoco&Prom committees
  • Outside of school activities - very involved in local church (handbell choir, church council), volunteer at local hospital for 5 years, part time job
  • SAT scores - 1110 super (640 reading&writing, 470 math)
  • Dual Enrollment - English, bio
  • AP - US History, Spanish, Psych
  • Essays - got them reviewed by 2 English teachers