TCU Class of 2023

I sure hope nothing is wrong with her acceptance like a mistake. So many have received theirs. It makes me worried.

What is yalls thought?

Congratulations to your daughter! My daughter did not get a Chancellor’s invitation - so disappointed. 36 ACT, 4.78 weighted, 4.0 unweighted, varsity athlete, leader in numerous clubs and other volunteer activities, multiple AP classes. Looks like her search will continue. The $21k scholarship isn’t enough to keep her interested at this point. Best wishes for the interview!

Anyone who has questions about notifications or awards should definitely call the admissions or financial aid department, rather than guessing. They are happy to answer questions. The CSS profile processing time may mean you could receive additional awards. A late package could mean an error in the mailing address or just Christmas package bottlenecks. Everyone I have spoke to on campus has been super helpful. Usually you will receive an email notification to check the portal when receiving awards, but it doesn’t hurt to check. There are also department scholarships. Looking back last year, some didn’t receive their information in the mail until last week of the month.

we have NOT received the snail mail acceptance and im not worried at all. 8 out of the 10 colleges my d has been accepted to have taken 2-4 weeks for a letter. take a breath. its going to be okay.

I contacted office via Instagram message and I got my answer… packets were mailed out on the 19th. Not worried anymore. Lol whoever answered me was super helpful.

My daughter got in to UT Austin and TexasTech. Tech already sent her everything and accepted her major; UT Austin has sent her everything but her major is still under review. At least I’m not worried anymore :slight_smile:

@StacysMom24: asking anyone on cc to take a breath is asking a lot ?. Happy Holidays all!

rcvd acceptance and scholarship package today in mail in CA

@planolaxguy did not apply to SMU. Good luck to you! I will say that my daughter was preparing herself not to get the invite b/c we knew how competitive it was. So she is so thankful, b/c like most on here, it is her only option of attending TCU.

@sdjmom thanks. Hope your D slays it!

Hi all, for regular decision will TCU release their decisions all at once or do rolling?

When can we apply to housing? and do we have to commit to apply for housing?

Housing requests take place after you have paid your commitment deposit…typically in June.

Which dorms are the best to live in

DORMS: If you are talking Freshman/first year, there are a variety, based on what you are looking for, but I think all the dorms are super nice. TCU is diligent about updating and upgrading their housing.

Colby is all girls, and it seems a lot of the girls rushing request this dorm. Milton Daniel is the Honors dorm. PE Clark is one of the newer dorms, but farthest away from everything. Clark is one the smallest and tends to have more males. Moncrief is where they house most of the athletes and it also has slightly more males. Foster, Sherley and Waits are similar, but there are some slight differences. Some of the dorms have shared hallway bathrooms while others have them built into the rooms. Some are slightly larger rooms or bigger closets. Floor plans vary even within the same building. You can find descriptions here where you can click on each name for details and floor plans:
https://rlh.tcu.edu/residence-halls/

anyone hear about honors college acceptance

eek yes! D accepted online last week and by snail mail yesterday. you too?

D accepted to McCombs and Mays but TCU wins easily. Love this school ?

For all of you waiting on “deferred decisions” or “regular decisions”…
I figured I would give you a little hope! Last year my son applied to TCU/ EA and was deferred around Christmas time…He AND His best friend (international student from China…international application process was a bit more complicated) who applied"regular decision" found out ON THE SAME DAY…THAT they were accepted!!!
I remember it well, it was the last day of Spring Break 2018…So for Texas, that was about the second week of March. I do think that TCU does a good job of releasing acceptances on a specific day…which is helpful for everyone waiting.
They are just now finishing up their freshman year and as a parent, I have a very positive view of TCU…and I believe they would 100% agree that it has been an awesome college experience.
I know WAITING is SOOOO HARD…but remain hopeful if it’s truly your first choice.
During orientation…I think they mentioned that 85%+ of current freshman class/ TCU was their NUMBER ONE CHOICE…feels that way on campus for sure!
Good Luck Future Frogs!