TCU Class of 2025 — Admissions Date: by April 1

ED daughter received hers yesterday. East Texas area.

@Budrick1 Hi there! We’re from So-Cal and my daughter was deferred for nursing too. It sounds like all EA Nursing was deferred… My daughter submitted her deferment app and emailed her counselor just to personally list her courses -they were very rigorous and she worried the fill-in part on the app was too simplified…

Do you have any info from your admissions counselor? My daughter is TO as she has had 4 SATs canceled :frowning:

Hi there!
My daughters high school counselor called and confirmed what we were also told when we called—that being deferred is actually a “good” thing because of the extreme competitive nature of nursing major, especially this year. (So many were rejected.). Most of my info is from our HS counselor, her TCU admissions rep/counselor said to just fill out form and that’s all they need. But my daughter also has a very rigorous schedule and we agree the grade form seemed very simplistic. We are sending mid-year report and official transcript via her high school counselor in addition to filling out form. She also sent in another letter of recommendation.
We were lucky that she had taken ACT in September of 2019. She got a 32 and we submitted that, but who knows how much they are really considering it. I wouldn’t be too worried about being TO.
Where are you in SoCal? What HS? We live in Orange County and she goes to Mater Dei.

1 Like

@Budrick1 That’s great to hear it’s a good thing to be deferred!! ~ Do you think we’ll hear on Feb 15th? Or could be anytime?

We’re in Valencia!! What other schools is your daughter applying to?

Our daughter also applied EA to the direct admit nursing program and was deferred. Is there a way to send additional LOR’s or a letter expressing TCU is your number one choice, etc to possibly enhance odds? We are in Colorado…

Send a letter of continuous interest to your Daughters regional admissions rep.

1 Like

Oh and I didn’t answer about where she applied:

Applied EA:

TCU

U Wisconsin-Madison (accepted)

U Michigan

U Virginia

U Miami

Applied Regular:

UCLA

UCI

UCSB (not for nursing, don’t have it)

U of Arizona (accepted)

San Diego State

U of Hawaii

Miami of Ohio

Where did your daughter apply?

Hi! Our TCU advisor just said to fill out the form, but we sent 2 more recommendation letters to the frog portal on the advice of a private counselor that we know. I think my daughter looked at some list on TCU admissions site, (or maybe it was thru the common app?) and saw that TCU will accept up to 9 letters of recommendation so we figured it couldn’t hurt. But you may want to confirm that (the number of letters) because with so many applications flying around maybe I misunderstood her and she was talking about another school. I can’t keep up sometimes…:stuck_out_tongue:

NurseNat, I hadn’t heard that February 15th was a possible date to hear decisions, I hope you are right! It is my understanding that being deferred means you hear at the same time as the regular decision applicants. Fingers crossed for earlier, but I am not too hopeful.

Good luck to us all!

1 Like

Thanks!

Just wanted to see if others are still waiting on the admissions packet with a formal letter and sign? Sadly still nothing here. It’s a bit disheartening and tarnishes the excitement my daughter was feeling for the school. The other schools she was accepted to sent things immediately which made her feel valued and that they wanted her. The radio silence from TCU is speaking volumes.

1 Like

1/20/21 - I hope you’re right (2/15 notifications). Although my daughter submitted her deferral form yesterday and the email confirmation stated a decision by April 1.

@texandc I’m sure it’s unfortunately just lost in the mail. I received my Oklahoma acceptance package six weeks after the send date on the box.

I agree. My son received it a week ago, but it was a long wait, and compared to some other schools that email and contact him all the time it was a little disheartening. For example, he got into SMU as well and it’s been a steady stream of communication and letters since then.

2 Likes

Feeling exactly the same here. D basically forgot about her TCU acceptance after so much interest from SMU.

1 Like

That is a shame - it was clearly lost in transit ! Lovely personalized/printed packet recd wks ago on other side of the county. Ring them and let them know it is MIA :frowning:

I am not sure if lost in transit- as some others haven’t gotten it. Seems to be they are trickling out this year. I did call and ask with no return. Just hate seeing my kid who was so excited now so disheartened.

I don’t blame you at all & feel horrible for her … unable to fully feel appreciated for such an accomplishment with a “physical” acceptance by that institution. Regardless of excuse - the ball has been dropped. It seems like a critical step/opportunity for engagement is missing … I would have all the regional reps reach out in a blanket email to those accepted saying “I hope you have recd your acceptance packet by now and if for some unforeseen reason have NOT, kindly let us know because we care etc etc”. I’m sure if the Dean knew this was going on he would be mortified, he’s a tremendously caring guy.

Wow, I didn’t realize acceptance packets were such a big deal. I’ve only had physical mail from two of the eight colleges I’ve been accepted to (international student). Makes me wonder what I’m missing out on, haha.

1 Like

For us personally, D received from SMU the large packet, then also honors college acceptance, Cox acceptance, personalized letters from various faculty members (I believe 5 letters), plus other misc items; meanwhile, nothing at all from TCU - no honors college info released yet, no letters, no emails, not even the official acceptance package. It just seems odd.

1 Like

So true !! There is a fine line between feeling welcomed & a school maybe giving a pushy vibe. My daughter actually said SMU seemed a little desperate (for yield) with all the red mailings, parent notebook/journal and emails saying “click here to register now !”
Either way, it’s certainly nice to receive SOMETHING in the actual mailbox :100:

4 Likes