TCU Class of 2025 — Admissions Date: by April 1

Thank you! I completely understand how nervous you must be. I wish you the best of luck for a favorable outcome!

Has anyone heard back from EA?

I haven’t heard of anyone hearing back EA

Do you have a picture of what your portal looks like now with the change?

1 Like

This was part of Dean Einstein’s Twitter post today…“In our process, only early action applicants can be deferred, not early decision students.”
So does that mean that ED applicants are either accepted or denied?

That is how read it, too, to mean that ED is accepted or rejected, but not deferred. This was news to me😳

No but D21 applied EA and did receive something asking her for an essay for their honors program, so maybe that’s a good sign - anyone else receive this?

This was quite the conversation to come home to work from :open_mouth:

1 Like

what do I search up on twitter to read his post?

@heatheinstein on twitter

1 Like

I was very shocked to read that ED does not offer deferred. Wish I had known that piece of information.

Pasted from the TCU ED section on TCU website:

“In addition to an offer of admission, there are two possible outcomes. Students may be denied admission to TCU or their applications may be deferred to the regular decision pool. If an early decision application is deferred, the student is released from the obligation to attend TCU if he or she is ultimately admitted.”

So I am completely confused.

Nursing! Is TCU your top choice?

I think they are just saying that if you are deferred but applied ED, you are no longer bound legally to attend TCU if they admit you with the regular decision pool.

1 Like

It’s been my dream school since I was a kid (cliche, right?) & I would absolutely love to go!

1 Like

If anyone is EA and hears back today let me know!! I’m so nervous!

1 Like

Dean Einstein posted yesterday on twitter that ED would not be deferred. Only admitted or denied. Only EA will be admitted or deferred.

Yeah, I think it may be that way this year.

I wish they would have updated their website with that information. I might have applied in a different way. Oh well. Crossing my fingers.

Oh did you apply ED? Hopefully that just means that they’ll accept more rather than deferring them. I applied EA and it’s almost concerning that I have the chance of being deferred ):