TCU Class of 2025 — Admissions Date: by April 1

@Pinkgirl9818 I don’t know, sorry.
I believe the reason Harris is slightly more competitive is that they have a strict capacity due to the nature of the program.

Neeley has the most majors of any school at TCU so my best guess is that it’s not extra competitive. If there is, I assume it is negible

1 Like

Anyone noticing any portal changes? Checked mine and the opening welcome/your application is complete paragraph has disappeared as well as the reference to hearing back by January 1. I just see admission and financial aid tabs. Probably just means they are getting ready to load decisions since EA is coming out today but of course, I’m hoping it’s a sign of good news! Good luck to everyone today.

3 Likes

Yes, noticed the same thing!

1 Like

Accepted!! Pre-Business

2 Likes

did you get email,too?

No, I just checked portal

Unfortunately I was deferred and will hear back in February, I’m still hoping to get in though. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

3 Likes

Congrats~~ does it come with scholarhip or financial aid?

Accepted with a 3.6 unweighted, fairly difficult classes, 32 composite and 34 superscore ACT with decent ECs and essays. I have absolutely no idea how I got the Deans Honors Scholarship.

My son got deferred. Marketing major, 3.61 GPA. Hoping to still get in next round.
Congrats to all those with acceptances today!

No scholarship or financial aid mentioned in the letter. My GPA was a 3.57 and I had no scores sent in, though.

Son denied, 3.5 GPA, 30ACT superstore. Business Major.

Accepted with the Dean’s scholarship!!! Absolutely over the moon!!

I’ve been completely in love with TCU since Freshman year, but being born and raised in south London and going to a high school where no one had ever gone to an American college before, it always felt more like a pipe dream than something that could happen. I began to think that I was just one of those people who wanted to do it but ultimately would never be able to. I just wish the nine-year-old girl who dreamed of going to a US university could see me now.

International student from the UK. 1420 SAT. Equivalent of 4.0 UW GPA (7 A * s and 3 As in my GCSEs, predicted 4 A*s in my A-levels).

5 Likes

daughter just received her acceptance… how did you know you got the Dean’s Honors Scholarship? Did it come up with the acceptance?

Daughter deferred pending “more academic data” (1st semester grades or SAT score; so much for test optional). For anyone who got the same message, does she have to post new grades now or she has until February 1st? And any thoughts on deferrals at TCU? Do kids even get in with that second review? I don’t want her to get her hopes up. For nursing program. And she has great stats, EC, etc… Someone with lower stats got into nursing program but they were ED. She didn’t want to commit to a single school.

In their decision letter in the portal, there’s a link for you to accept the deferral status and a form for you to fill out with your Fall semester grades and any SAT scores. You have up till 2/1 to fill out that form. My son got deferred too. His semester ends next Friday so we’ll fill out the form after that.

1 Like

Son was accepted with Dean’s Scholarship. Under the portal there should be a “scholarship link letter” as well. Congratulations to all. His stats are a 3.97 UW and 35 ACT. Good ECs and service. Essays…average. (Engineering so not a writer).

Son was accepted, pre-business! His stats are relatively modest, although he had a clear improving trend. Had a rough science class freshmen year. Overall GPA was 90.1/100 (that equates to roughly a 3.5 or 3.6 therabouts). However, we are from Maine, so I’m sure that helped a little. Congratulations to everyone. Also, for those who were deferred there were plenty of people last year who were deferred and ended up gaining admission, so please don’t lose heart!!

Daughter accepted! 3.9 weighted- no sat scores. Movement science major.

Exact same thing happened to my daughter. Do you mind me asking your daughter’s stats? Mine 4.4 weighted, 4.0 unweighted, 32 ACT, 4 year varsity soccer (senior captain) and soccer ECNL/travel team, lots of volunteer hours and a home building trip to Mexico, and took nursing classes online during this covid time. We are pretty upset over here with the deferment. (Nursing)