TCU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Texas Christian University offers both Early Decision and Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 1.

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 1. Last year, TCU admitted 437 of the 855 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 51.11%.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at TCU is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 15. Last year, TCU admitted 6,197 of the 9,957 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 62.24%. For more information visit the Texas Christian University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other TCU applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Texas Christian University? Why TCU? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other TCU topics visit the texas-christian-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about TCU Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

2 Likes

Does anyone know when TCU announced EA decisions last year? I know it says by Dec 15, but wondering if they have a pattern for a specific day of the week.

December 11

1 Like

Thank you!

It was also December 11th in 2019!!

Thank you! It can change this year of course, but it is exciting to know it could be in just 11 days.

2 Likes

Dean Einstein just announced it’s December 15 on Facebook live!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing the information!

What about ED decisions?

He said ED is this Friday - Dec. 3rd around 5 pm CST. Good luck!

1 Like

I heard him say EA would be within the next two weeks. So could be sooner than the 15th.

1 Like

It seems like they usually do their releases on Friday’s at 5PM CST. I’m wondering if they might send out email for EA decisions on Friday, December 10th? Of course, it’s quite possible that they are a little behind this year and need the extra 5 days (December 15th) to complete their review process.

ED out

2 Likes

Already sent out ?

Any news on how many applied ED1 and how many accepted?

A friend of my son was admitted yesterday.

Early decision I am assuming?

I believe so

1 Like

Crossing fingers for this Friday at 5pm??? Maybe Early action….anyone heard anything if it will be before or not?

1 Like