TCU’s disability services/dyslexia

Does anyone have any experience with TCU’s office of disabilities? DS is dyslexic and requires accommodations. Anyone have knowledge of how accommodating the professors are or what to expect?

I will be interested in this feedback as well. My DD has ADD and needs some accommodations as well. She has been deferred to RD so not sure it will end up coming into play anyway. But looking on the website, it doesn’t appear that their academic supports / disability supports are very robust. I could be wrong but I’m not seeing much on the website. I have a concern in this area.

I agree. I was hoping someone could tell me otherwise. DS is dyslexic. Just curious if anyone had info regarding their disability center. I would love any feedback.

I don’t personally have experience with the disability center, but I have seen some plans in action. Some classmates have disclosed of their own accord that they have accommodations to me. In these cases they have been able to get copies of notes prepared by the professor, or extra time after class to review slideshows.

Campus wise, it is very disability friendly, with signs for wheelchair accessible routes, elevators and ramps abound.

I’m sorry I don’t have that much information, but I would advise calling The Center for Academic Services Disability line at (817) 257-6567. I would bet they are able to better outline what services are available :smile:

I’m glad to hear that that some students receive accommodations and that they are sensitive to disabilities. Thank you so much for your response.

Hey, I am a student with disabilities at TCU and I have accommodations . I can answer any questions you may have ! @arkymommy @SuperfrogFan @mamatired