TCU's Students and Professors

<p>Hi! I've been accepted to TCU and I have two main questions. First, how are the professors? (ex: are they helpful, accessible, etc.) I wasn't able to sit in on a class when I visited, but I do know that the classes are smaller.. Also, I went during Spring Break, so there weren't a lot of students around. How are the students in general? I've had a lot of mixed feedback in that regard...(I heard a lot of people go Greek and I am not sure I want to do that) TCU is one of my top choices so any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!</p>

<p>Alanna7 - congratulations on your acceptance! I will answer what I can, but I am a parent of a current student so am a second-hand source. TCU’s professors are extremely accessible! They all have office hours, email students back and forth, help set up study groups, set up tutors, are available after class, take kids on field trips. Most of my student’s classes have 25-30 kids in them so you know your professor and your professor knows you! It’s an amazing school that way, which is why it continues to attract stellar students! </p>

<p>Regarding students, I’m sure the campus was empty over Spring Break. It is a close-knit community and lots of students know each other for several reasons: students are required to live on campus for your freshman and sophomore year, the dorm RAs host a lot of events, there is only one Dining Hall so ALL the kids see each other, the Rec Center is close to the dorms and lots of kids use it, intramural sports are huge so there is lots of opportunity there, lots of theater, plays, weekly comedy improv shows, various clubs, community service opps and events at the Student Union every week. Yes, Greek Life is big but not a cult like at other southern, private schools. Girls from different sororities live together, kids who aren’t Greek go to the parties, and as I stated, there is lots to do if you’re not Greek. </p>

<p>Hope this helped! Anybody else want to chime in?</p>

<p>Thank you so much for your input! It sounds like a great school! Both my grandparents attended and they loved it. I’m definitely considering TCU!</p>

<p>Alanna7,</p>

<p>Professors at TCU are very accessible. You’ll find that class sizes, for the most part, are small, and your professor will most likely know you by name, especially once you get past the freshman core classes.</p>

<p>Every professor here has office hours during the week where you can get individual help if necessary.</p>

<p>My mom is a TCU grad and she is still in touch with two of her professors. However, she said it was VERY greek when she attended and that you really didn’t have much of a social life unless you were greek. That was a long time ago, but she was told that it was “about 25% greek” and the reality was that over 88% of the girls in her year were greek, not quite as many guys.</p>