Teach me how to bucky

<p>What do you think of this video. Has 750k views in less than a month on youtube and honestly seems to be having an affect on the desire of hs seniors to go to Madison. I'm already seeing the shirts at my hs in Minnesota. I like the video and it'll be interesting to see how much of an affect it has on the yield (I honestly think it will make a difference. Everyone wants the mad town swagger.)</p>

<p>I think it’s helping quite a bit haha. A lot of people at my school were wearing the shirts today, but that’s probably also because we live in Wisconsin :slight_smile: To be quite honest, the video definitely influenced my idea that Madison is an awesome school.</p>

<p>I recently received the 3 shirts I ordered (one for each kid). I saw a neighbor kid wearing one for Trick-or-Treating.</p>

<p>I’m waiting until my daughter gets her acceptance letter - then I’ll surprise her with it - she can wear it to school with her jeans and red chuck converse All Stars!</p>

<p>I think the video is awesome and has been a big hit here at school as far as school spirit/pride goes. All the stores have racks of them currently; will be interesting to see how long the trend lasts.</p>

<p>There was a bit of controversy recently about the “lack of diversity” the video expresses… I honestly think that it’s ridiculous. It is some college student putting his friends in a video and there happens to not be any diversity. Frankly, Wisconsin isn’t too diverse in the first place and a video shouldn’t have to be the one to tell you that. Everyone I know who attends Madison (multiple ethnicities/backgrounds might I add) enjoys the video immensely. Well done to the creators!</p>

<p>Walking around campus yesterday and today it is WAY more diverse than it was 20 years ago. Many Asians, and more blacks and Hispanics. And they are not older grad students. They have over 200 freshmen from China with more on the way. Biddy is over their right now selling more people on making arrangements with UW for school and research, etc. They are looking at expanding significantly in China, India, and Brazil.</p>