tech honors program

<p>i got the honors app, but i didnt apply. but depending on how april 1 treats me, i might apply to honors. do y'all think i have a shot? 1300 sat for engineering. 4.38 gpa. 53/488. average ec's. no spectacular awards</p>

<p>also, if we got a honors app, does that mean we really have a good chance, or do they give it almost everyone</p>

<p>theessay guideline says : avoid using I. did anyone really do that?</p>

<p>I tried to. What I did was just not start sentecnces with I, but you have to use it in other places</p>

<p>(Although I probably won't go to VTech, I did turn in my honors app in time for the March deadline)</p>

<p>The sheet only says "avoid using I." I think that should be interpreted to mean that you shouldn't use "I" excessively; that is, have a variety of sentence structures. Writing a personal statement without using "I" at all is possible, but would be a rediculous rule to enforce.</p>

<p>however, if we did get the application, does that mean we have a really good shot of getting in honors?</p>

<p>Here's my speculation. (until someone has the actual stats)</p>

<p>The requirements are a combined SAT score of 1300 (minimums: 620 verbal, 600 math). 1300 automatically puts itself in the 75th percentile of Vtech students. Last year, 5000 enrolled, including 400 honors (8%). Assuming that 25% of enrolled students were elligible for honors, that would be 33% acceptance. </p>

<p>Anyways, best of luck to you honors applicants.</p>

<p>no it doesnt necessarily mean you have a good shot- because they just send them out to people who should apply, but it's good to get a letter. also if you have a 3.5 after your first semester you can be offered a chance to apply (or apply again). I plan to apply then, once I see what it's like, and become more acclimated to college in general</p>

<p>sooo, what's this honors college all about again?</p>