Technical Problems with Submitting Honors College Application

<p>Sorry, just saw this message. She plays flute.</p>

<p>Son just had the same issue…I guess the problem is not resolved…any suggestions?</p>

<p>I guess call Jami?</p>

<p>I would email Dr. Sharpe and mention that this problem keeps repeating.</p>

<p>S was going to finish up all the honors stuff & essays this weekend, so he needs to send them to Jami instead to put in?</p>

<p>Idinct … here are the Honors App dates:</p>

<ul>
<li>UHP / IHP are rolling</li>
<li>UFE deadline is Dec. 4th</li>
<li>CBHP deadline is Jan. 5th</li>
</ul>

<p>My D is finishing up her essays now, and will be submitting them in the next couple days.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:ssharpe@bama.ua.edu”>ssharpe@bama.ua.edu</a> </p>

<p><a href=“mailto:ssharpe@AALAN.UA.EDU”>ssharpe@AALAN.UA.EDU</a></p>

<p>Guys…let Dr. Shane Sharpe know that this problem is continuing. He will do what it takes to get this problem fixed.</p>

<p>I don’t know which of the above emails is best for him, so use both.</p>

<p>Yes, Dr. Sharpe had D’s information entered (by someone else) in the system within 30 minutes or so of me sending an email to him. Then the letters of her acceptance into the UHP and CBHP started rolling in, along with reminders to apply for UFE.</p>

<p>I’m anticipating I might need to also email in the UFE essays and resume, so we’re planning ahead to have that done several days before the deadline.</p>

<p>Son sent essays etc to Jami today</p>

<p>S was able to submit the Honors application (and essay) through the website on the 23rd (nov).</p>

<p>ethalo…check back with Jami to make sure everything was received. What honors programs did he apply for?</p>

<p>Ethalo…did you have problems submitting online?</p>

<p>M2CK: Jami has them and they are entered. S applied to IHP and CBHP. UFE is up next.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Oh good.</p>

<p>If you have trouble submitting the UFE essays, contact Wellon Bridgers.</p>

<p>UFE worked…no problems</p>

<p>Question … My daughter will be submitting her UFE app this week, and I know that we just cut and paste the essays into the online UFE App. However, the resume needs to be uploaded. What format files are acceptable for uploading. Does it have to be a .DOC or .DOCX or PDF? (or are any of these acceptable?) Anyone that has already submitted their App … it would be great if you can share. Thanks.</p>

<p>S uploaded a .doc</p>

<p>i had no problems submitting it today…i even got the confirmation immediately</p>

<p>Also having a problem, maybe. I sent in my application a few days ago (thank you m2ck, without your advice a while back I may have looked over the great opportunity) and after waiting a couple days now have a myBama account, have sent in the scholarship application. However, I can’t find the honors college application. I’m trying to get into the CBH program specifically, and may apply for the Fellows or IH program (maybe both, is there a reason not to if i like the program over regular honors?)</p>

<p>Easy questions:

1. Do I have to be officially accepted to get to the honors application? Considering I sent the application a few days ago and the deadline is Dec. 1…</p>

<ol>
<li> If I should be able to access it now, what can I do? It is not under the ‘admissions’ tab in myBama, where the website directs me.</li>
</ol>

<p>Matthos, you won’t be able to access the Honors College application until you’ve been officially accepted.</p>

<p>To find the application, log on to Mybama, click the Academics tab, and scroll down until you see the Admissions box on the left-hand side. It will be just underneath Undergraduate Admissions and Admitted Undergraduate Students and just before Graduate Admissions.</p>

<p>Under the heading “The Honors College,” you’ll see one link for Honors College Application and one for University Fellows Application. (You won’t be able to see the full UFE application until your Honors College application has been processed and you’ve been accepted into the basic UHP.)</p>

<p>I heard that Bama has changed the Honors College application access today for those who haven’t been accepted yet. I think this is to accommodate those who are applying to UFE.</p>

<p>check and see…go to MyBama…academics tab…scroll down…left column.</p>