Technische Universit

<p>Mechanical Engineering</p>

<p>Does anyone have any experience with VT's joint BS program with TUD in Germany? That is, the senior year studying ME in German and getting a BS in ME from both VT and TUD? It sounds like a unique and worthwhile experience. I'm trying to find out though how it impacts immediate employment opportunities. While becoming a "world" engineer is a worthwhile goal, these students won't be able to get an internship the summer of their Junior year and will be in Germany during the normal interview season.</p>

<p>Does anyone know of anyone that participated in this program and what they thought of it?</p>

<p>I cannot say anything bad about TU Darmstadt. It still has an outstanding reputation though PERSONALLY I would prefer TU Dresden because:</p>

<ul>
<li>much more beautful city</li>
<li>1500 companies with more than 48,000 employees make Dresden the largest European cluster in the microelectronics, information and communication technology sector. The power of small.</li>
<li>Europe’s leading location (in absolute numbers) for microelectronics, 3 Max Planck, 1 Helmholtz, 3 Leibniz, 13 !!! Fraunhofer Institutes</li>
<li>applies most patents among German Universities</li>
<li>leads the highly detailed CHE ranking in electronics, electrical egineering and information technology </li>
<li>recently became German “university of excellence”</li>
</ul>

<p>This is just my very personal preference. I shoud not deny recommending TU Darmstadt because they are really known to be very good. I don’t know this special program but cannot imagine it to be displeasing. German universities are generally underrated specially when it is about such programs.</p>

<p>Thanks for the information on TU Dresden. It sounds as if VT should try to develop a collaborative program with TU Dresden for electrical and computer engineering. The Darmstadt program at VT is specifically for Mechanical Engineering students with varying levels of participation.</p>

<p>Mechanical Engineering
Germany; Technische Universit</p>

<p>I’m a mechanical engineering student currently and have been looking heavily into doing this program. From my understanding, there is actually an opportunity to an internship in Germany between the German classes and Engineering classes you would take there. </p>

<p>The way I see it, you get the experience of studying abroad, you get a degree from one of the top engineering schools in the United States and another from one of the top schools in Europe, and you are fluent in German. I think that will provide a good setup to quickly get a job right out of college.</p>