Tell me about your Viking range

Wolf is now at the top of my list.

Does anyone have experience with the Miele 30-in dual fuel range?

I’m completely confused! Somehow, I’ve started receiving emails for every post to this topic. I’ve never liked, subscribed, or even previously read the posts to this topic! Now I can’t figure out how to remove myself from this - I do follow other topics, but haven’t updated anything for a while and can’t find anything on (not so) newly redesigned CC. Can someone help me?

Dual fuel Wolf would would be my choice. We built our house 10 years ago and our wolf and subzero appliances are still amazing and going strong. Cheaped out on the double ovens and got a different brand, and getting ready to replace those with Wolf and remake the cabinet to fit. Wish I had done it the first time around! Their customer service is spectacular. They sent someone out to change my vent baffles for me because I couldn’t figure it out😂.

1 Like

I have always done cooktop and wall ovens. At my last house house, which we built, I had a Wolf cooktop and Dacor wall ovens. Loved them both. At my current house, I have Viking cooktop and Viking ovens. I’m pretty sure they are over 30 years old, since that is the age of the Sub Zero refrigerator in this kitchen. The cooktop is still going strong, although the auto-ignite on one of the burners doesn’t work. When I remodel, I will put in a Wolf range top and either Wolf of Dacor wall oven. If I wanted a range, I would pick Wolf dual fuel without hesitation. Btw, if the red knobs don’t go with your aesthetic, you can order black knobs for the Wolf.

3 Likes

I have a cooktop and wall ovens in our current home and will probably stick with that with our upcoming remodel, but I drool over this range every time I walk into Williams Sonoma. The brand is LaCornue (french). My very frugal mom keeps telling me I should splurge on this, but I am not much of a cook, so I can’t really justify the $10,000 pricetag for a decoration.

Consider it a piece of art. :wink:

1 Like

I looked at the Le Cornue for my current house as I love the look but, the entry level ones have all kinds of quality problems, the ovens are tiny, and the quality felt super cheap.

3 Likes

I did see that. I can’t find a lot of reviews on this one, but there are a handful on house that rave about it. There are also several folks insisting I that if I like this one I should check out LaCanche (sp?) As they are just as beautiful, but better quality.

Go to the bottom (past the last message) and you’ll see some boxes including a dark blue one that says reply to thread.

Underneath there’s a box that says “Tracking”. Click on the drop down and click on muted.

1 Like

Bless you! @tsbna44 ! I will have to spend more time studying the features of CC! (And now I want a high-end range…) :rofl:

If you read the consumer report rankings, you want an Ikea - which i assume is to be low end.

but no one buying your house will want to buy it - they’ll think you have junky stuff :slight_smile:

What does “pro-style” mean?

We went with all Jenn Air, got the dual-fuel 5 burner range with an oven + baking drawer. So far no problems in the first two years.

https://www.jennair.com/ranges/dual-fuel-ranges/slide-in-dual-fuel-range/p.euro-style-30-dual­-fuel-range.jds1450fs.html

Ok, looks like the only difference between the “euro-style” model (which I got) and “pro-style” model is the handles. Pro-style is a straight tube, euro-style is a curved handle.

If anyone wants to see real “Viking rage,” watch the replay of men’s 400 hurdles final… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: