Temple Nursing Chances of Getting In?

Hi!
I’m a rising hs senior and I’ve been looking at Temple for the past year now and it’s the number 1 school I want to go to. However I’m not sure about my chances of getting into their nursing program. My freshman and sophmore gpa were a 4.0 and a 3.76 taking a mix of honors and cp classes, but when during my junior year I was taking all honors and AP and my gpa drop substantially because I simply wasn’t able to deal with the work load of all my classes and i ended up getting a 3.44.
My cumulative gpa for all three years is a 3.73
My SAT was an 1800
CR:630
Math: 550
Writing: 620
I’ll be taking the SAT again in the fall to improve my math score.
The onl extracurricular I did was theater because it took up all my time, i didn’t leave school till most days till 9 at night and I was at set builds most of my Saturdays. Is it bad that I did not have time for more extracurricular? And do you think that my drop in gpa will affect my chances of getting accepted?
If it makes any difference I attend a private school with a very rigorous classes
Thank you!

Hi, @annaclause - my daughter started at Temple last fall as a nursing major. What is your weighted gpa? You might ask your school counselor for an unofficial gpa and class ranking so you have this information. Temple will only use your core classes to compute your gpa. It’s very good that you took A/P and honors classes. Theatre is a great extracurricular - that shouldn’t affect anything. Your cumulative gpa is quite good, I think. Definitely study only for the Math portion of the SAT - do you have a package to help you? My D used the Blue Book, which she found very helpful. She took a lot of practice tests through the Blue Book DVD, and worked on the areas she needed to improve. The nursing admissions counselor is Alex Rachubinski (215) 204-5695 alex.rachubinski@temple.edu - maybe you can email or talk with him about your questions. Hope this helps.