Temple University Class of 2026 Discussion Thread

My son was just accepted to Temple (Fox School of Business and Management) for fall 2022. We’re very excited about getting his first decision, but a little confused too. Threads from previous years indicate that merit awards were included in the initial acceptance letter. There is no mention of any merit award whatsoever.

Applied 10/11 and portal updated today (I think). Admissions letter was in portal.
OOS
SAT 1520
GPA 4.0 UW/5.7 W
10 APs (5’s on 5 tests, 4’s on 4 tests - didn’t take Spanish test)
5 more APs senior year
Varsity Soccer
FBLA (regional competition winner)
Chess Club
Other EC’s that are more secondary

I know that things change from year to year, but it seems that he would have qualified for merit aid in previous years. My D18 with slightly lesser stats received a large merit scholarship to Temple when she applied. I guess that we’re just a little surprised and disappointed. Any insight as to whether there is still any chance for a merit award? Has anybody else received an admissions letter this year with merit award included?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Congrats to your son!!!My son got his admissions decision last night 10/23. No merit mentioned…I was wondering the same. I am reassured (okay hoping) that maybe Temple will send merit decisions in an upcoming letter.

2 Likes

I’m trying to remember but I think the merit offer for S20 was with the admission letter. If your son gets into Fox Honors that would be nice. We were impressed. They take care of their students. It was tough to turn down their offer. Good luck.

1 Like

Congratulations to your son also! I too am hoping that merit decisions may show up in a separate letter. It just seems odd that my son would be offered nothing at all. I certainly know that nothing is guaranteed, but kids with his stats seem to typically get some merit aid. Fingers crossed for both of our sons!

2 Likes

Thank you! My daughter was offered $20,000/year and Fox Honors four years ago. She decided to to go the Smith School at UMD, but we too were impressed by Fox Honors.

Hi! Just wanted to chime in that they posted the admission letter for our son on Friday (though we didn’t get any sort of email about it, just happened to check the portal this a.m. on a whim) and there is no mention of merit aid, or even that that communication will come separately, later.

3 Likes

That sounds like the same letter tht my son received. His admission letter was also posted on Friday, but my son found it when he checked his portal yesterday. He didn’t get any email notification either.

2 Likes

My daughter also has been accepted, and we are hoping there is a separate merit/Honors letter still to come because there was no mention of it in the portal acceptance letter.

3 Likes

Their merit has changed since 2018, if you read though the older threads. Congratulations! Hopefully some money will follow.

1 Like

Thank you! We’ve been looking at the threads from the past 2 years, and everybody noted that merit awards were included in the acceptance letter. I’m thinking that they must be doing something differently this year, as none of our children who have been admitted so far have been notified of merit. I don’t necessarily expect a huge award for my son, but for a kid with his credentials to get nothing from Temple would seem to be highly unusual.

3 Likes

My son was accepted on Friday as well, School of Theater, Film and Media Arts as a film major. No mention of merit either. Congrats all, such a relief to have this acceptance so soon! We loved Temple when we toured.

2 Likes

My daughter got a merit offer last year that was separate from her acceptance. She also got need based aid, which shocked me.

2 Likes

I see now on the ‘cost and aid’ tab under ‘self service banner’ ‘financial aid package’ but when I click on it, it says ‘this page is not enabled for current user role(s).’ Do you get the same message?

Last year. My son received 10,000 a year with very similar stats same SAT. We are in state .The merit award information came at the same time.

1 Like

Yes, same reply. I think that a letter about any merit aid would appear on that checklist in the middle of the page on the portal.

1 Like

Congratulations to your son! My son spoke with his guidance counselor yesterday about his acceptance letter that made no mention of any merit award. We’re OOS, but students from his high school apply to Temple every year. His guidance counselor told him that she has never heard of anybody being accepted to Temple so early, especially before the deadline for EA applications. She said that the first notifications typically seem to go out at the end of the first week of November or the beginning of the second week of November. She told him that based on this and his stats, she would have to think that his merit award will be forthcoming in a separate letter. She has no insider information or anything, but based on her experience with the students from his school that apply, she can’t imagine that he wouldn’t get any merit aid. Fingers crossed that this is the case! We’re in that group of people who qualify for no need based aid, yet full pay isn’t possible either. This is our 3rd child to go to college (when he starts, we will begin our 9th straight year of paying tuition; our daughter graduates in May 2022), so he needs a merit award to make OOS work.

4 Likes

This is great to hear about merit! Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Anyone applied last week heard back ?

My son applied on 10/10 (application downloaded by Temple on Monday, 10/11) and he was accepted on Friday, 10/22. If you applied early last week, there seems to be a chance that you might hear something soon. Good luck!

1 Like

my son applied on 10/18. Acceptance yesterday 10/30.

2 Likes