Tennessee - Oct. 22nd

<p>Some advise please. Per the postings of many here at CC, we are considering skipping Parents Weekend in September and instead coming to campus in late October when the weather is more pleasant, and the kids have settled into campus life a bit more. (and the fact that my wife is a teacher and Sept. is just NOT doable has nothing to do with it either … wink) So, looking at the football schedule, it looks like late October for the Tennessee game would be a nice choice. Can anyone give us a clue about ticket sales / re-sales, etc. and how best to get tickets without spending WAY TOO MUCH for the game? I did a quick check on StubHub for that game and the lowest advertised price is in the low to mid $200s per seat. Checking on RollTide.com it looks like face value for that game is $85, but single game ticket sales are TBD. So oh experienced ones, can you give me some advice? :-)</p>

<p>hmmm…if you can get them from Roll Tide, do so.</p>

<p>I’d try to avoid Stub Hub’s prices!</p>

<p>We’ve had good luck showing up early Saturday morning and buying tix on the Quad (usually around Denny Chimes or one of the University Drive corners…where people are selling tix. I think we’ve paid anywhere from $40 per tix up to $80 per tix that way.</p>

<p>m2ck, thanks. So, coming from Chicago where ticket brokers and ticket fraud are rampant for local events, are there any issues that we’d need to look out for when purchasing tickets on the Quad on game day? Is it generally pretty easy to tell that the ticket itself is legit, for the right game, etc?</p>

<p>If I can somehow do RollTide.com, then great … it can be just a little nerve racking to plan the trip with the intent to go to the game and not know that there’s tickets in my pocket. But if you (the collective you) indicate that generally tickets are not that hard to come by, then I’m OK waiting until that morning to pick up tickets.</p>

<p>Ticket sellers have an ID lanyard around their necks. </p>

<p>Tickets are pretty official looking…and do have the date and seat assignment on them. The backsides usually have a restaurant coupon and info…and some kind of “official background pattern” with the initials of WW&L…for Weldon, Williams, & Lick </p>

<p>Some of the trim on the tickets have a hologram print…near where the perforation marks are for the “tear off” part of the tix.</p>

<p>Also…sometimes local season ticket holders will sell their tix. We bought from an older couple one early Sat morn because they had some event that day and wouldn’t be going. that was just a trust thing.</p>

<p>Sometimes students are selling their converted (paper tix)…but that means sitting in the student section and not having a designated seat…so you have to get to the stadium quite early for a choice seat. Converted student tix are also official looking …and I think have more white on the tix…but not a lot of white.</p>

<p>Frankly, I haven’t heard of any fraud tix for Bama games. T-town doesn’t seem to have that kind of big-city crime. lol</p>

<p>That said, I totally understand that you wouldn’t want to come out and not be certain that you have tix already…so do try with Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Use stub hub only as a last resort. Tickets will NOT be available from The University for that game. </p>

<p>You should be able to get a pair in the $300 range. Best place to buy is off the tiderinsider.com ticket exchange board or off one of the other Bama sports fan sites (rivals, scout, 24/7 etc etc). The closer to game time the better the prices will be. Ebay is also an option just be sure to look at the sellers rating and feedback before buying. Do NOT buy off craigslist. Way too many counterfeit tickets on there the last few years. </p>

<p>If you remind me a month or so from the game weekend I’d be happy to help you find a pair. I know a lot of people on tider insider and there’s always tickets on there for sale.</p>

<p>Something else you may want to consider doing now, is to book your hotel room. For games such as Tennessee, and LSU, rooms get booked way in advance. You can always cancel if you don’t come down.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone, we’ll book our hotel now … and NJB, I may take you up on that if I haven’t gotten tickets by mid-September! Thanks again …</p>