Terry College of Business

S24 is planning to apply to the Business Academy at UGA for this summer. Is Terry direct-admit and what are the OOS acceptance rate and 25/75 ranges? We have been unable to find this information segregated for Terry. Also, any testimonials on your experience at Terry would be most appreciated.

Terry is not direct admit, but all good students will get accepted and likely get their number one choice major. My DD had an excellent experience as a Terry major. Terry is the darling of UGA, so the opportunities are unlimited.

You won’t find 25/75 for Terry. That’s not a thing. My DD was OOS, but also a FF.

Unless it changed in the last year UGA does not preference based on geography. They take the best!! Also major is not considered in the decision….similar to UF.

UGA as a whole is now very difficult to get into.

They are back to test required. Last year the ACT range was 31-34…maybe it will slip with test required. And UGA weighted GPA was 4 to 4.27.

Acceptance was a tad under 40%.

Good luck.

Thanks; 4.27 out of 4.3 or 5?

I’m assuming out of 4.0 - they’re including Honors and AP but they will recalc the GPA to their standard.

Are you from Ga?? If you are and want to be in that SE area, FSU (similar), U of SC (a tad easier), and Alabama Manderson (great safety with great merit) would be the sisters to UGA as far as similar schools and in the case of the last two for sure, easier entry.

Here is a link that explains how UGA calculates high school GPA. They take the unweighted grades in academic courses out of 4.0 and then add an extra point for AP and IB classes. No weight is added for DE or honors classes.

1 Like

That’s from
2013. Are we sure the method is the same ?

It’s still the same

Yes, it’s still the same. If you go to the UGA Admissions blog > FAQ then find the topic about calculating GPA, it has a link to the 2013 article. But good catch just in case.

Deleted