Terry Scholarship notification at Texas A&M University

Hi everyone. I have applied and been accepted into Texas A&M University, and I received my award letter yesterday (only loans, no scholarships). I was wondering if anyone knew when the Terry Scholarship would notify you? I read on the A&M website that you will be contacted in March to schedule an interview in April, but I’ve also heard other people already have been notified. Specifically, has anyone been notified by the Terry Foundation who is going to Texas A&M? Thanks!

Are any of the people that you’ve heard of that have already received notification going to A&M?

I think that it depends on the school. I received an email stating that I was being considered as a potential qualified candidate for the Terry but they told me that I should know whether or not I got an interview by March 15th. Although I noticed someone said on this website that they had already set up their interview for Texas Tech. What schools notified the people you heard of?

Btw the school that notified me was UTSA… has anyone heard from them about an interview??

No, from what i’ve read on college confidential, I’ve only seen people who have gotten notifications from other schools like UT Austin. I don’t know anyone personally that has received a notification, I’ve just read some posts on here. I have no idea whether i’m considered a potential candidate or ANYTHING because i’ve received no email notification of any kind. Hurricane Harvey did force A&M to move their admissions date back, and everything’s been backed up since, so there’s a chance they will take a little longer because of that. But at this point, since i’ve received nothing, i’m not sure that i’m being considered at all :confused:

UT Austin has sen their emails out?

@drheit3 Where did you find out the UT Austin has given notifications for finalist? I got an email for them that I was being considered for the interview and I wont find out until this week or next week.

Realistically, if you haven’t received academic merit scholarships, don’t bank on something like Terry. At least at the Univeristy Of Houston, Terry is reserved for especially competitive students.

@Justinther00m I got the same notification from UTSA and I’m not supposed to hear back until this week or next week either but I heard that Texas Tech already sent out their interview emails, so that’s why I was wondering if any other school had notified about interviews or if it was just Texas Tech

I think the notifications have already been sent out. Texas A&M sent me and another admitted student emails in February asking for letters of recommendation and notified us that we made it to the interview portion. The Terry Foundation then emailed us to set up the interview for next month. :confused:

@cc7267 I was told in late February by the financial aid office that notifications would not come out until early March. Also, wouldn’t they send out rejection emails? Every other school sends out rejection emails, so I’m confused.

@JonahRobinson99 for UTSA they sent me an email saying that if I don’t here back by March 15th I didn’t get it which I hate. I think they should send emails of rejection as well or else you keep waiting when other people have already heard of an interview.

Did you guys get the email from the Terry Foundation for UT Austin?

Have you had your inetview yet? I was selected for an interview for UT-Arlington that is on April 6th; I am so nervous for my interview. How did yours go?

Hey, did you interview for UT-AUSTIN? or are you asking about the scholarship in general?

1 Like

Hey guys. Probably not surprising after this long, but I didn’t get the Terry. I did get a few local scholarships, however. Do u guys know about any departmental scholarships or any other scholarships I can try at?