Terry Scholarship

anyone been invited to interview??

@SpicyTaquito - I have a two friends that received an email about scheduling an interview. One is from Tech and one is from A&M. I checked the Terry twitter page and it says the first batch of interview invitations went out last week. I think this is the first time they have been emailed and not mailed direct, but I am not 100% sure about that. I am hoping since they said it was the first batch that there is a second batch going out this week.

i received one for a&m as well…they tweeted that all notifications were sent out already :frowning: @texas9820

I got mine for A&M a week or two ago, do you know about how many are invited to interview for A&M?

I have no idea @maddogm and I was wondering…the email said half of the applicants receive it. Is it half the applicants from each school, or just half in general? Where’s your interview?

I think it’s half in general, I found this on the Terry Foundation website earlier. This clears things up a little bit about the interview and shows how many hours they put into the process.
http://www.terryfoundation.org/Public/new-site-2016/news-events/news-item/2016/02/12/freshman-interviews

Mines in Houston on April 5th! What about you?

Houston, March 22! I chose the first day and I’m starting to regret it. @maddogm I hope it’s half in general, lol!

Question, what kinda stats do you need to be considered for the Terry Scholarship?

@lessonwitch2 They really look at Academic Achievement, Demonstrated Leadership, and Financial Need. From what I can tell, it seems like they really like those with unique stories…I also have seen somewhere that they sometimes seem favorable to those from small towns? Don’t quote me on that, just a theory :slight_smile: But here’s the website for the Freshman scholarship…definitely look in to it. http://www.terryfoundation.org/Public/new-site-2016/future-scholars/freshman-scholarship I have known 2 Terry Scholars from my high school in the past few years…I’m really hoping I don’t choke in my interview :frowning:

@SpicyTaquito thank you good luck to your interview!

@SpicyTaquito I had to choose April 5, I had conflicts on the other dates. I kinda wish I had been able to go sooner. But I wish you the best of luck next week! I hope you do well!

How did your interview go?! I hope you did good

@SpicyTaquito ^^^ mine is on March 30 for Sam Houston

Hey @SpicyTaquito can i has what your EFC ways? I wanna know about how much is needed to be considered for the Terry Scholarship.