Test Optional Application

I am curious is anyone has applied Test optional and was accepted or denied. My D applied test optional because her act score of 26 didn’t represent her as a person.

She attends a CA elite private school, had a 3.97 WGPA and 3.87 UNGPA, took APS, was on varsity sports teams for all 4 years, danced out of school 9 hours a week, and had leadership, and community services roles. She had a history of just not being a good test taker all the way back to her ERBS in middle school. I was just curious if anyone actually gets in…

yes they do, as there was an article in the hatchet that showed that the test optional kids did just as well as those who were not. So I do believe that GW really is more than just looking at test scores. If everything else is there, that is what is important

Yes, my daughter applied test optional for ED1 and was accepted and received a scholarship. GW truly is holistic in their reviews. Good luck!

Daughter is Class of 2022…was accepted ED1, did not submit scores, and her school didn’t report GPA or class rank…

i got in test optional. i applied RD and I received a presidential scholarship. test-opt schools are very happy with the students that they admit without ever seeing scores

My son wanted to apply without test scores but accidentally checked the box that said he would send scores. He called and asked them to change it to ‘no test scores’. They refused but told him that his scores would have very little bearing on his overall app. His SAT is high 1200s.

He was accepted with an $18,000 Presidential Scholarship.

I applied test optional and got in RD with the presidential scholarship of $28,000