Test optional

Does anyone know if GW accepts a certain percentage from test optional ? Wondering if it hurts you more than helps if your scores are lower but not extremely low . My son got a 1200 on sat and a 26 on act . His gpa is 4.5 weighted and 3.9 unweighted . Ib and Ap classes junior and senior year and all honors or pre in other years . 26/378 in class . Decent ec’s . WhT would you don? Thanks

Those scores are below the 25th percentile for GW, so they would likely hurt his chances. A very general rule of thumb is to not submit scores unless they are at or above the mid 50 mark.

@wisteria100 . Thanks .

@maddiec I’m not sure, but I’m assuming there is not a cap on the number/percentage of test-optional applicants GW accepts. I agree with @wisteria100 in that your son should apply test-optional.

I know firsthand that there is NOT a cap on the number of test optional students admitted.

Your son’s test scores will only hurt him if he choses to submit them based on statistics. Apply test-optional.

He has almost no chance I’d he doesn’t apply test optional, so there’s nothing to lose.

Thanks everyone !