Testing out of Spanish and other classes

<p>I am going to be a freshman next year under the Blinn Team brougham. I have taken four years of spanish in high school, and I consider myself to be skilled at understanding foreign languages. I would really like to test out of some of the spanish classes at A&M next year, however my parents are concerned that if I test out of the lower levels of spanish at A&M, that I will be placed in too difficult of a class, and that I won't earn a 4.0 and be able to transfer in after my freshman year. I plan on minoring in Spanish as I want to become fluent. Does anyone have an advice? Anyone have any experience with the Spanish program at A&M? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>I tested out of Spanish at TAMU. It was fairly easy in my opinion, but I am also fluent in Spanish. The test does not require any writing or knowledge of accents. You will mostly listen to prerecorded conversations in Spanish and answer questions about them.</p>

<p>If you are trying to minor in Spanish I would not recommend you test out of any of the Spanish courses. The more practice you have the more fluent you will become. </p>