Tests and Honors Courses Help?

<p>Hi Guys,</p>

<p>I took the ACT and the SAT I’s but I only want to send in my ACT score. Do the UC schools (particularly LA and Berkeley) require me to send in/report both or can I choose to only send in my ACT score?</p>

<p>Also, I don’t understand the UC Honors Level courses. Does this mean my honors courses in high school aren’t considered honors since I’m from NJ?</p>

<p>The UCs request the students to submit everything. The UCs will crunch the numbers and convert everything to a UC score (in order to compare SAT and ACT on equal footing). Because of this conversion, occasionally the highest converted score may not be the same as the highest SAT/ACT score. I suppose it’s possible to calculate the UC score yourself for each SAT/ACT score and then select the highest one; but I think it would be easier to just submit everything and let the UCs sort them out, especially since lower scores are tossed (some UCs will only show the highest converted score in the application file; other UCs may display all scores but the readers are trained to disregard lower scores).</p>

<p>For OOS, only AP courses are weighted, honors courses are not.</p>