TEXAS A&M 29 - Alabama 24!

<p>GolfFather: go back to the links. Hopefully you are consistently a star there.</p>

<p>Your response to UA’s loss is less than gracious. You may not have the love for our team that we do but the discussions about the 'team that could beat an NFL team" all resounded a loud “NO” - this is a YOUNG PERSON’s team. These young men are just leaving their teen years. No one, excepting the one non-UA coach who made the comment supported it.</p>

<p>So, if that is the basis for your rubbing salt into wounds, get over it. It bothers me that someone enjoys causing discomfort of any kind.</p>

<p>Nobody here has ever said Texas A and M played anything but a great game. UA didn’t. </p>

<p>Our team and our coach has reflected well upon UA and will continue to do so. Your attitude does not reflect well upon you.</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>GolfFather: You, sir, apparently delight in being a lightening rod here for some people, and it is that role that I personally (and perhaps others) find rather distasteful. You can mince words and choose any that you wish. It is your intent behind those words that is what is perceived as inappropriate. </p>

<p>Are/were you a student at UA? Are/were you a parent of a UA student? Do you have a student who is considering UA? Are you a Guidance Counselor who keeps his finger on UA’s pulse? I ask these questions because nearly 100% of the people on this UA forum fit into 1 of those categories. Your intent is neither polite nor helpful to anyone reading. </p>

<p>Sorry to post over The Student, as that is the same sentiment I’m expressing. I hadn’t intended to feed trolls today. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>I don’t care if GolfFather is an Aggie fan or not. I can’t imagine ANY scenario where I (or the other regular posters on the Bama forum) would post on another school’s forum about their team’s loss.</p>

<p>As for “the college team that could beat an NFL team”. That was NOT the opinion of the Crimson Tide nor Nick Saban. It was an off-the-cuff remark from another school’s coach so irrelevant. It’s not as if that was Alabama’s position, therefore your “excuse” for snarky behavior is - well - not an excuse.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>And for good measure:

</p>

<p>Golf: Spurrier made the comment that Alabama could beat an NFL team. No one here believes it. Have a good day and make your way to the SC boards. or… you know… do something remotely productive.</p>

<p>it matters whether he is an aggie or not if it causes you to have a bad opinion of aggies.</p>