Texas A&M Acceptance chances

I’ve got a 1450 sat score with 760 math and 690 ERW, with around a 4.13 weighted GPA (freshman year brings me down a lot) I’ve taken AP Physics both regular and C mechanics, as well as Calc AB, however was ranked 2nd quarter (my school doesn’t issue class rank). I go to a very academically intense school and am applying to there engineering program. Any chance I get in with the 2nd quarter rank?

Are you applying for engineering? If so - I think you have a great chance of getting into one of the pathways. Maybe not college station - but an engineering decision that is considered a full admit. Particularly since you are STEM prepared.

Unfortunately - last years numbers were brutal. And they quit growing the freshman class, and had thousands more apply. Not sure how this year is going to shake out. But for a non engineering major - even with those great test scores - you are probably looking at a 50/50 chance.

Are you instate?

No out Of state, and applying into the engineering program. Would love to be at college station, but honestly I’ve heard pretty things out the Blind Team

Are you prepared to be full pay? I think that full pay OOS is in your favor. Yield reflects that fact that OOS admits are rarely prepared to pay full freight though. About 5% of students are OOS, around half of those get a waiver so you can bet they are NMFs.