Texas A&M Acceptance Confusion

<p>My AIS (Applicant Information System) says that I have two choices: to do general studies as apart of the Blinn Team or Biomedical Engineering at the Dwight Look College. And the Blinn TEAM is apart of a community college, which I do not wish to go to.</p>

<p>And under the "Select Application" section, it says my only application is for the "FALL 2013 College Station - Freshman, Blinn Team - Bachelor's degree - Unspecified"</p>

<p>First of all, I would like to take Petroleum Engineering, not Biomedical as they have listed.
Secondly, when I click on the link to respond to my admission decision, it takes me to a page where I can accept admission to the Blinn TEAM program, which I don't want to do. So it seems like there isn't even a way to respond to their acceptance of me into their Biomedical Engineering program. I'll probably end up just contacting the admission's office if there is no simple solution to this. Thanks.</p>

<p>Where does it show you that you have two options?
If you are looking at first choice and second choice major, it sounds like your first choice major changed to Blinn Team and thats what you got accepted into. Did you put biomedical engineering as your second choice major on your application by chance?</p>

<p>There’s no more space left for freshmen in Petroleum Engineering as far as I know</p>

<p>Sounds to me like you have been accepted to Blinn Team. In AIS, click on the “Coorespondance” link at the very bottom. There should be a link in that section to your acceptance letter. (Click “view”)</p>

<p>When I click on the acceptance letter thing, it says I was accepted to the Blinn program (which I believe is worse than a normal acceptance?) I qualified for automatic acceptance though because I got a 1310 on math/reading sat and a 3.7/4.2 gpa. And I put petroleum engineering as my first choice.</p>

<p>Something does not sound right, what were your CR and M scores and class rank?</p>

<p>I believe all engineering majors are full by now…</p>

<p>My math is 700 and CR is 610. And my school doesn’t rank but I’m guessing I would be in the top 10%. I applied in early December, and I sent them an email asking about the situation.</p>

<p>When did you apply? What was your rank.</p>

<p>Look at my previous post</p>

<p>Looks like you’ve been accepted for Blinn TEAM, no spots left for engineering at this point I’d assume.</p>

<p>I’ve been at Blinn for 3 semesters now and it’s not bad at all. Good professors, you can have the same college experience because you still take classes at A&M as well and then just transfer over.</p>

<p>Your school not ranking is what kept you from being an auto-admit, I guess. I think you should contact admissions. You applied on time, Math is 700 and CR is 610, very good gpa, assumed high rank. Call them, and maybe also call the department. Maybe there’s been some kind of error. If it’s really showing Biomedical as an option, I would consider it. You just need to talk to someone in engineering about how to transfer later.</p>

<p>Sounds like you need to call an admission couselor (979) 458-0950 to check it out.</p>

<p>The two majors listed are not an admission “choice”. My daughter was also accepted to Blinn Team and it still lists her second major on her AIS. While they say all decisions made by the admissions office are final, I believe your statistics warrants a call to their office. Good luck!</p>