Texas A&M Admission Chance

Do I have a chance to get accepted into Texas A&M with computer science major with these?

New SAT Score: 1300 (600 Evidence based reading and 700 Math)
Weighted GPA: 3.96

Also, does new sat essay score matter? I did really bad on it :frowning:
I scored:
6 - reading 2 - Analysis 5 - Writing Total: 13

Whats your class rank? GPA and essay score doesn’t matter.

my high school doesn’t rank its students but the counselor told me i’m about top 25%

i’m not qualified for auto admit or academic admit :frowning:

@collgeplz A&M will assign you a rank, using your GPA and school grading profile. They will rank in quartiles, so top Quarter, second quarter, etc, rather than a certain % number.

With a 1300 and top quarter, you have a chance for admittance to CStat. You also have a chance at Blinn Team. It just depends on your whole application file.

For all review applicants, A&M will look at class rank (and assigned rank) and test scores, they then determine a projected GPA an applicant will achieve at TAMU. They use algorithms to combine a student’s rank and test scores and it produces 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, so on and so forth. Once they see what an applicant’s projected GPA is, they begin weighing all the other components.

Is Blinn Team like CAP Program in UT Austin?

@collgeplz Blinn Team is like PACE at UT, where you take certain classes at Blinn Community College or Austin Community College and then at least one class at the college campus (A&M or UT).

PSA (pathway for system admissions) at A&M is what CAP (Coordinated Admission Program) at UT.

Each college/major may vary in the specifics and whether one gains auto admission after completing the requirements or has to apply to transfer.

With A&M PSA, that is something offered to you by A&M. TAMU uses predetermined class rank/test scores minimums to qualify you for guaranteed admission at various System Institutions. Most students are eligible for automatic admission at all 8 System Institutions, but some students aren’t.

Here is a lot more info on PSA. http://admissions.tamu.edu/psa

Edited to add:

In just a quick look at last years results thread, PSA offers came to top 25% but they had scores in the 1200 range. However, some in that range also received full admit, so it really does depend on your whole file.

One poster who received PSA i February, applied directly to A&M Galveston the next day and was accepted pretty quick (their deadline to apply is in March, I believe). A&M Galveston is non a system school to A&M but a branch campus. So that student can put in for a change of major to get to College Station, rather than transferring. Of course, there is more to it than that but it is worth exploring.

Galveston is a wonderful campus and a lot of students love it once they actually get down there. One also gets an Aggie Ring at Galveston if they stay where as system schools (should one stay) do not.

Thank you for answering!

I wouldn’t stress about it. With CS degrees, college prestige is overrated anyway. I graduated from Tarleton State University(A&M school) and I had no trouble finding a job when I graduated. In fact, I believe your scores could qualify you for a partial scholarship at Texas State University. Texas State is the school made famous for taking UT and A&M throwbacks.