Texas A&M admission chances

Hello,
I am an In state applicant attending Plano West Sr High which is in the top 1% of schools in the Nation.
I have a Weighted GPA of 3.57
I’ve taken 4 AP classes so far, and am taking 4 more senior year
I am an active member of the Plano West Marching Band
I have played select soccer outside of school since 6th grade
I have started my own charity throughout the state of Texas, which is a branch of the world wide charity Master Peace
I got a CR- 620 and M-590 (1210) on my first try on the SAT with no prep and will take it once more.
I’ve worked as a Student assistant at a Summer school program in PISD for 2 years, and have also worked as a soccer referee for 3 years for Plano Youth soccer association.
I was in a program called PALS at Jasper High school in 10th grade which is a Peer Assistance and Leadership program
I have been in Habitat for Humanity for 4 years.

I am wondering what my chances are of getting accepted into Texas A&M for preferably a business major and if not a liberal arts major?

What is your class rank?

its really hard at west since top quarter at west is all 4.0 and above but im in top half. and im graduating with honors
and also i think after new gpa gets released ill have a 3.7 weighted

so you’ll be a review candidate for sure. I’d say your resume is pretty strong - assuming you’re the president/CEO of your branch of the charity. I would try to increase your scores - take the ACT & SAT. You can submit an application in August with your current scores & update your application with new scores until Dec 1. If you want business, put a Mays major as #1 then the Liberal Arts major you want - it won’t affect your application - you either accepted or not and then you may pick any open major. They don’t accept ‘lesser’ applicants with interest in certain majors like some schools do - here the decision is ‘major blind’. Good luck!

Thank you so much! and yes i am the president and ceo of the club. what would you say a good benchmark score for my sat and act would be. I know the auto admit if youre in top quarter is a 1300 so should I aim for that or higher as a review candidate, and also what should my act bench mark be?

and also if I apply in august when do you think I would get my reply from the college by, because I believe if I had to do an Appeal with my higher scores it might weigh down my chances of acceptance.

You don’t appeal, you just add the scores to your original file. It won’t slow you down, it puts you ahead in processing as your file will be complete & you just update with the better scores before the Dec 1 deadline. It is rare for review candidates to hear prior to Dec 1, usually it is late Dec- early March. Yes, aim for academic admit scores or higher - most people who are in the review group meet one of the two requirements ( top 25% or scores) ACT is a 30. The higher the better - competition is stiff for review candidates. Do your best so the wait will be easier knowing you put your best effort into it!

okay thank you for all of your help!!!